Lion and Anemone??

starr

I have looked everywhere and I cant find if anemones and lions get along ok or not... my lion is aggressive some times, he killed an eel and a star but sleeps with our maxim clam!!! Funny stuff!! Hes a real doll though, although the loss of the eel and star were sad. I would like to put a florida condi in the 44 gallon tank. Any help would be great! :joy:

devildog01

Originally Posted by Starr
I have looked everywhere and I cant find if anemones and lions get along ok or not... my lion is aggressive some times, he killed an eel and a star but sleeps with our maxim clam!!! Funny stuff!! Hes a real doll though, although the loss of the eel and star were sad. I would like to put a florida condi in the 44 gallon tank. Any help would be great! :joy:
Well, the lion won't eat it-here's the problem-most likely, the anemone will eat the lion. They're stupid, and swim slow and will most likely get burned. My LFS had a volitan, a radiata, a dwarf, and an antennata at one point in a large tank with a medium sized carpet, it burned and ate each and every one of them.

T

thomas712

Lions living with anemones! Whats this world coming too?
Did you plan to keep clownfish as well with the anemone?
If not then why just an anemone and a lionfish?
Whats the overall picture going to be with this tank?
Size, lighting, come on set the stage for me.
Thomas

starr

well for now I have a 44 gal. about 15 lbs live rock, hermits, a ultra blue maxim, and a electric flame scallop. The theme is just what I like really. I found the condi and I liked it, tried to do my reasearch on putting it in the tank but couldnt find anything. If it will burn and kill my baby I dont want it anyway. They are just pretty to look at. I do have a question though. I am going to start a 24 gal reef tank. Do you think a blue carpet anemone with a true percula clown would also burn anyother fish I put in?

T

thomas712

The florida conylactis has a rather week sting to it, however I could never guarentee nothing would ever happen to your lion fish.
Blue carpet will eat anything it can get its tentacles on.

devildog01

Originally Posted by Starr
well for now I have a 44 gal. about 15 lbs live rock, hermits, a ultra blue maxim, and a electric flame scallop. The theme is just what I like really. I found the condi and I liked it, tried to do my reasearch on putting it in the tank but couldnt find anything. If it will burn and kill my baby I dont want it anyway. They are just pretty to look at. I do have a question though. I am going to start a 24 gal reef tank. Do you think a blue carpet anemone with a true percula clown would also burn anyother fish I put in?
Yeah, I dont recommend the condy with the lion. As far as the 24 goes, a carpet gets WAAAYYY too big for a 55!! Plus, in order for your bio-load to balance out, any anemone needs at least 29 gallons. Plus, carpets need MH's and are VERY AGGRESSIVE. They can EASILY AND WILL burn and eat fish.