lion fish

morefire66

Hey salt water crew, I need to know if I will have any problems
adding a lion with my Tigger(undulated) and dogface puffer...:happyfish

txtwstr

I have a vol. lion and a niger trigger along with a maroon clown. They all get along as long as they are too bigg to fit in the lions mouth.

morefire66

Hey fishy411, am i wasting my money to invest in a lion fish? My stock includes undulated trigger, dogface puffer,pori
puffer, snowflake eel, a red grouper, blue velvet damsel and a
yellow back damsel.....the funny thing about my 75 gal is they all get along....except feeding time everyone as to fan for themself........pls replied...thanks

fishy411

yeah and even with 2 puffers u r running a big risk of them killing yur lion. They will nip at its fins till it dies

cubfan

Even though some have been sucessful, the overwhelming concensus of the boards feel trigger + lion = dead lion.:D

fishy411

still a pretty good chance of it nipping yur lion. I would go with a Niger, Pinktail, or bluethroat trigger. They are the least aggressive species. Even with one of these u would sitll have to get rid of yur puffers to keep a lion.

morefire66

How often do you guys do a water change?? my 75 gal has been up about 2 yrs i have no problem with my nitrite but nitrate seen to been the problem, it is always a little on the high side though with about 80lbs of live rocks and a good wet/dry system everything would be cool......

cubfan

I change about 20 percent per month. Also, what kind of substrate do you have. crushed coral is a nitrate factory.

fishnerd

Originally posted by fishy411
still a pretty good chance of it nipping yur lion. I would go with a Niger, Pinktail, or bluethroat trigger. They are the least aggressive species. Even with one of these u would sitll have to get rid of yur puffers to keep a lion.

I have to agree, B. undulatus is one of the most aggressive triggers available.

mumbulog

if you have refugium put some chaetomorpha in there. It's a macor algae that feeds of nitrates and doesn't put anything back in the water that can be a problem like some macro does.