Lionfish contest, show off your lions!

waiting

Beautiful lions, everyone! I wish I still had my fuzzy :c
I'll judge if you're still looking for judges.

<3scopas55

Originally Posted by alfon76
Here are some pics of my 2 lions (Blackfoot and Fu-Manchu).
Ivan

Blackfoot Lionfish

Fu-Manchu Lionfish
If i was a judge these would have my vote
love the first shot

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by florida joe

this isn't really related but...what is that creature on the rocks under neath the lionfish?

gman08016

Originally Posted by gman08016
here is mine
I would vote for mine but he went to the big ocean in the sky last week after 4 years

myreef05

Originally Posted by murph145
nice lions heres an older pic of mine i should take a newer one

R.I.P little buddy. She gets my vote. Sorry for the loss murph.

legoalie31

so now we have 1 vote for alfon76's lion and 2 for murph's lion.man that was a lot of bad luck for murph
anyone else?

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Nikkita
Here is my Lion and Fu-Manchu

how is your fumanchu doing? Ive heard they are hard to keep and bad shippers so I went with the fuzzy instead.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by rdosr
i just started my tank i cant wait to get a lionfish. have anyone ever been stuck by one?
When I still lived on the Mississippi Coast, prior to Katrina; I got stung by my 12" Volitan. He was real tame, I had my hand in the tank,looked away for a sec..the rest is obvious. I went to the ER, hurt like hell, thought I was having a heart attack! Turned out to be just a big adrenaline rush. The ER doc called poison control and my Family Doc, who thought it was really funny after he knew I was O.K. I had to keep my finger in the hottest water possible for almost 6 hours before the pain stopped...and I have a high pain tolerance. Now, I have one of my kids on lion watch whenever I am in that tank!

nikkita

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
how is your fumanchu doing? Ive heard they are hard to keep and bad shippers so I went with the fuzzy instead.

I have had him for three months now and he is doing great. He only eats about once a week (very hard to temp with frozen foods). I feed him krill, shrimp, silversides and occasionally live guppies because he loves the "hunt". His colors are great and he is pretty active. I have a friend that owns a store so he kept him quarantined for a couple weeks after being shipped before I brought him home.