live rock from dominican republic

adriatic sea

just got back from vacation,it was awsome,did a lot of snorkeling,i brough back about 25lbs of live rock that i picked out,stil bunch a stuff on it,plus a lot of small crabs,now how long i should wait before i put live rock in my tank,right now rocks are in my 10gal.with powerhead in....will post some pictures later...thanks...

ophiura

Did you do this legally?
I only ask because it is often hard to get sand through customs inspection, let alone anything bigger.

nigerbang

Agreed on the troll thing..Although I did come through Customs with 20lbs of sand before from Montego Bay..wasnt wet though..It hit the x-ray and looked like cocaine...They kinda tripped at Hartsfield..I told them it was sand and they said "Okay then..As long as its not drugs"..Never even made me open my suitcase..

boostin240

I have been to the Dominican Republic, and i thought about doing the same thing after i went scooba diving.
Got to the airport and they open 100% of everyones bag and dig through them, they do that twice by separate people.
I dont know how you would be bale to get rock out.

adriatic sea

i put live rock in my backpack,it was still wet and start to leak on the plane,some people were upset.No problems on custom,they just ask me what it was and gave me a brochure about corals and other animals for next time!!!

reefreak29

Originally Posted by adriatic sea
i put live rock in my backpack,it was still wet and start to leak on the plane,some people were upset.No problems on custom,they just ask me what it was and gave me a brochure about corals and other animals for next time!!!
lol right

ice4ice

Something smells fishy here with that claim. if the backpack was wet from leaking, I'd think customs would have noticed it right away.