LIVE ROCK FROM swf

rubberduck

u somehow found that thread, can u find a thread on the girl that talks about her ordering lr of this site
it shows the rock

nas19320

I only found the Aiptasia thread because I knew the author and the subject, use the search feature.
Don't rip the Aiptasia, it will only cause more to grow.

rubberduck

ALSO I HAVE A REVIEW I WANT U TO SEE GO TO: SELLING LR
it is under "classifies" first one and read the paragraph andrew quoted ok

rubberduck

can anyone answer if they have had rock from the internet shiped and cured, i think that it would be ok to put in the tank RIGHT.
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

stuckinfla

Cured live rock that is shipped needs to be re-cured. After it is cured in the store, there is still life on it. Once the store ships it, some of that life is going to die. When you re-cure at home, some of the life will still survive. Does that make sense?

dedwards

The answer is No. You can apply all of the wet papertowels that you want but it isn't going to keep the rock from having die-off. As soon as the rock hits air, organisms on the rock are doing to start to die; bacteria (the main one), sponges, soft corals, micro-organisms that you can't see will start to die. This happens the instant that they are taken from their environment. If you buy LR from a LFS that is close by then it will be very minimal because the rock is only exposed for a short amount of time. When it is shipped across the country the rock is exposed for days with extreme temperature changes. These rocks will experience more die-off than most because most are wrapped in wet brown paperbags that dry out rather fast. If you don't cure LR when it is shipped then you will more than likely kill any animals already in your tank....plain and simple. The only place that I would personally purchase LR from and have it shipped is tampabaysaltwater.com because they ship their rocks submerged in water.

nic_u812

Hey kid, considering you just set your tank up, why don't you just remove your 2 fish, place them in a small qt for about a month, and order as much LR as you want from this site, and just cure it in your tank? you mentioned that you are cheap and lazy (this might not be a hobby for you) so that is the cheapiest and easiest way to do it.. Just cure it in your tank.
Just curious.. what filtration are running on your main tank anyhow?:nope:

rubberduck

ok im realy not that cheap and lazy i was jk
but i have a good filter in my tank, i have a penguin 330 filter.
it even makes a little current in my tank :D
what is more recomended?
doing the process in a rubbermade (which im ready to buy)
OR
buying a qt tank that will help me later on?
plz answer asap i want this set up before the rock comes.
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: thx guys