Live Rock Poll...Please give your 2 cents

sduerk

How much live rock do you all have? My fiance tells me that I need more. I currently have around 30lbs of LR in a 55 gal.

burtonjr

I would say you are 25-80lbs short......if you want to follow the 1-2lbs LR per gallon theory. It's your tank, if you're not having any probs then you're probably OK.

sduerk

I'm not having any problems other than about 15-20ppm of Trates but she thinks it looks a little bit bare. I am starting to agree with her and so I thought I'd ask the rest of the group.

predator

I have 200lb in my 100 right now. I want more but do not feel like rearranging everything again. I have 16lb in my 6 as well.

jumpfrog

I have about 95 in a 72 gallon. I'll be adding a few small pieces with corals attached but other than that I don't plan to add much more.

My 29 gallon has about 35pounds in it. the 16 has around 15. but remember, it dosen't matter how many pounds you buy, its the rock. some types of rock are far lighter then others. with some types of rock you can fill a 55 gallon with as little as 40 pounds. ;)

B

blue_carpet

if she says it is ok en go ahead and add about50 more poundsyou will enjoy it ;)

blondenaso1

I have about 65 in my 55gal, but I want to get more! Two things you can never have too much of....light and live rock. Ok, well when the LR starts coming out the top of the tank maybe it is time to call it quits!

jhueb12

I have 100# in my 85, but I personally like the look of a lot of rock, just dont over do it, need space for fish if you want any.

tykill

95# in a 75 gal tank. Next time I start a tank, I'm just going to raise rock, its the life of the tank. Plus its harder to kill.lol