Live Sand - $15 with shipping

K

kistheeze

I put together a 100 person coast to coast sand trade and the sand was added to about 50 lbs of southdown and a lot of sand from my main tank. That was a couple of months ago and its been sitting there growing diversity.
Well - I'm moving soon - so I need to get rid of a lot of it.
I'm offering up 2-3 lbs of it for $15 including priority mail shipping to anywhere in the continental US.
Shipping on July 12th.
Payment to jamesonthehook@yahoo.com
What's in it?
Brittle and linkia stars
Copepods
amphipods
LOTS of worms (including brissleworms)
NO, I repeat NO FLATWORMS!
Nassarius snails
Other non-predetory snails (never bothered any of my SPS, LPS or softies)
Potentially a few hermits (Can never tell)
MILLIONS of microscopic lifeforms (I put this stuff under a microscope and saw LOTS of things I've never seen before - I guess having all those sources helped the diversity)
Of course I can't guarantee you'll get ALL of these things, but putting it in your tank will definitely help the diversity greatly.

nillan00

Hello!
I have CC and am considering switching to ls, and if so I would definitely take a few pounds of your live sand off your hands. Keep me in mind and I'll let you know asap if I'm gonna take on this huge task!
Thanks,
Nilla

K

kistheeze

tell you what, you keep me in mind.:)
My mind has too many things kept in it right now...:D

K

kistheeze

Still available. Just hit paypal payment.
The weight is approximate. Somewhere between 2 and 3 lbs.

K

kistheeze

Originally posted by adhoc
Approx how many square feet of coverage would 2-3 pounds provide?

2-3 wet pounds of livesand amounts to about a half full quart sized ziploc bag. How many square feet would depend on how thick a bed you want. At one grain of sand thick I would imagine it would cover many square feet. At 4 inches thick substantially less.:)
And yes - I have some more left.

mattm

jamessrq?
lol that is 1% my sand.. lol
glad to see you are reaping the benefits of your work gettign it all to us :)

K

kistheeze

Thas me.:D
I wouldn't necessarily call it "reaping".
I'm really just trying to make it easier on the move. I'd charge less - but then what would the insentive be to contribute on the next trade?
Oh - and your 1% has been diluted several times over. Southdown and LOTS of sand from my tank make up the majority of the mix. The seeds from the approximately 100 people have really grown well though.

mattm

hey my 1% was super powered, the Kryptonite of the sand.. you need to water down a lot more than that to loose it's effectivness.....
other sand

to my sand:happy:
one of my friends in town made an order from your magic stuff- and is going to give half of it to me :) we have been hitting the jackpot in live sand recently... might start growing our own, if we continue in this luck

K

kistheeze

have fun. Growing sand is about as exciting as well.... It's so dull I can't think of an appropriate analogy.
The key to growing good sand is to water it well..:D

bang guy

Originally posted by Kistheeze
have fun. Growing sand is about as exciting as

... watching paint dry (or NASCAR).

K

kistheeze

Originally posted by Bang Guy
...or NASCAR

Yeah - one thing I can't shake from being a northerner - I like my race cars to turn left AND right....:)

K

kistheeze

OK _ STOP. ALL DONE FOR NOW.
I've got enough orders to keep me busy.
Possibly more to come - not 100% sure.
Everyone look out for your sand in a priority mail flat rate envelope on Wednesday or Thursday (JULY 14th or 15th).
Contact me direct for any further communications (other than: got it, looks good, blah blah blah)
Thanks all - and enjoy your increased diversity.
Be sure you look for my next sand trade in a couple of months.

K

kistheeze

I'll let you know. I just want to fill the orders I have now - and then figure out how much is left. I'd hate to take an order and run out!!

wocka

Kistheeze
can u message me on pimpsk8er3702 i wanna talk to u about the stuff ur selling. thanks