Look what was in my yard......

sandman12

These things where crusing down my rode this mourning, one way the wrong!! I should have called the animal police.

djbabylove

I WAS going to Pet Kingdom until the guy jump down my throat for taking advice from the people in this forum. He hardly had any experiience in saltwater and I am a begginer so I have no clue where I will go now.
Where do you go?

djbabylove

OH here is a pic of my tank ...
I have a Mandarin Goby who eats brine shrimp BTW
1 CLOWNFISH
2 DAMSELS
1 CLEANER SHRIMP

sandman12

Looks like u need some more rock. I may be able to help u out. milkmanf12@aol.com
Yeah pet kingdom just got there new tanks in. Roger jumped down ur throat? About what? He is usually a nice guy but like u said doesnt know much at all about SW aquaria. I go to coral connections in sarasota for my corals and jeffs pet place on cortez is ok for fish.

djbabylove

Roger sold me a Anemone and two clownfish. They were from the same tank. He told me the lighting on mytank was sufficent for the Anemone. I also wasnt acclimating the fish correctly. He told me all I had to do was drift the bags in the water for half an hour and then put the fish in. So I did. I asked a few people in the forum what kind of Anemone I have. I got many answers and was told that I dont have nearly enough lighting for him. I go back to Roger and he isnt in all day and one of his employes sell me a 50/50 20 watt bulb. Still not enough lighting. One of the clownfish dies and I call the store to see if I can return the Anemone. Roger still wasnt there so the guy at the store says just to bring the Anemone in and he will give me store credit. I get a cleaner shrimp and a mandarin goby. I go in the next day to get the rest of my store credit and some brine shrimp for my mandarin because that is what he has been eating. Roger goes crazy when he sees the store credit and wants to know why I returned the Anemone. I told him about the lighting and he literally started yelling at me and telling me I shouldnt be taking advace from a bunch of idiots who have no idea what they are talking about , when it was he who told me to do research in the first place. He was still yelling when I left and gave me the rest of my credit in cash. He said "I dont think you will be buying anything from here again." He is the only one in the store who really know a little about SW tanks, but he was hardly there. I am a nice person and he turned my day to s**t and I just wanted to give up on my SW tank. It sucked basicly.
I will email you about the life rock when I get paid.

sandman12

WOW. cant imaging him yelling, i can see him selling u the anenome. U sure the mandrain eats brine? Make usre he is eating it and not taking it in and spitting it out. E-mail me now about rock to talk about it.
milkmanf12@aol.com

djbabylove

Yeah , I have been keeping a close eye on him and he has been eating brine and some worms that I fed him. I know that Roger had that Mandarin for two weeks and was feeding it brine and worms with like two smaller peices of LR. I guess that is what he was use to when he got in the tank.
:happyfish

chandler04

I could prob. tell u why a clown was dead. That guy right there probably killed him. If no visable bite marks, then probably stressed him to death. Typically, clowns will do fine without real acclimation periods. They are extremely hardy creatures, and someone who has a clown just drop dead from bad water must have REALLY bad water. I have had some SERIOUS water problems in the past that I didnt know about, but my clowns pulled through wonderfully. As for that psycho dude, skrew him. If he wants to be a jerk, then fine. If he doesnt know that anemnes need a lot of light, then fine. Dont spend yer money at his place. Go somewhere else where they wont yell and spit at you for seeking help...

djbabylove

The mandarin wasnt there when the dead clownfish was , but ya know I went to Pet Kingdom I saw 2 other clownfish dead and floating. Maybe it was his water that killed him. The one that died was smaller and the one that lived is bigger. Who knows. I belive my water is fine, just that I need a lil more live rock. We will see what happens.
Thanx!

rbmount

If the guy yelled at me. He can kiss it, and lose every customer I knew that went in there! Shame he missed a sale.

chadillac

Hey dj and sandman I live in Sarasota and I have called and talked to Roger before. He really doesn't seem to informed if you ask me.... Have you guys ever tried Seascape in Sarasota. They usually have pretty good fish and corals. If you know that you want certain things they usaually. will try to get it in for you. They have been around for a long time and know alot about swf.