Looking to add more color??

oompala

I want to add a little more color to my tank, I would like to add a fish that is Red and also one that is Green (maybe a couple of each color). I have a 90 gal FOWLR. Any ideas on what fish I can add that will go with what I already have? I believe I am getting close to my limit.
I added the Regal Tang about 2 weeks ago and all is well. They get along fine together.
I currently have:
2 false percs
1 Vlamingi Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Regal Tang
1 Chocolate Chip Starfish
1 Brittle Starfish
1 Cleaner Shrimp
4 Peppermint Shrimp
About 20 snails
Any ideas?

fretfreak13

Check out the wrasses, they come in some seriously cool colors. Is this a reef, or a FOWLR system? Flame Angels are pretty cool and they stay small, but have been known to nip at corals. Some people have luck with them NOT doing this though.

lietz06

+ 1. wrasses come in all sorts of colors...lots of with red in their color....the flame angel would def. add a splash of color!

teresaq

At least two of those tangs are going to be too big for your tank.
Look at fairy wrasses for color.
T

flower

+1 too many tangs for a 90g.
Wrasse is the best looking flashy fish. They are small so you should be fine. I copied some pictures of them for from my book...

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3166203
+1 too many tangs for a 90g.
Wrasse is the best looking flashy fish. They are small so you should be fine. I copied some pictures of them for from my book...
Good choices! IMO, Scotts Fairy Wrasse is one of the most under-appreciated fish in the hobby. They are easy, usually out front, peaceful, and vary in color depending on their origin and mood. Mine are full grown at about 6" and gorgeous.

ophiura

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3166162
At least two of those tangs are going to be too big for your tank.
Look at fairy wrasses for color.
T
I echo this comment in that you should definitely avoid adding several additional fish. The bioload of the vlamingi alone is quite a lot. I assume that you know the chocolate chip star will likely eat the snails and possibly hermit over time? Just a risk that is not always considered :)

detguy313

i would look into the fairy wrasses as well but also keep in mind if u go that route that the fairys that are green in color tend to fade in color alot with out females...i also agree that scotts are under rated and was the fisrt wrasse that got me into being a wrasse nut...before i would add those i would lose two of those tangs here is a few pics of some wrasses that i really like and keep
cirrhilabrus scottorum scott's fairy mine is the australian varient

this is c. exqusite african varient mine faded alot

c. solorensis

now for the red wrasses
c. condei one of my favorites that i keep

c. rubripinnis i like alot too

here is a flasher wrasse that i loved my favorite of all time
paracheilinus lineopunctatus