Lost a female kuda Seahorse

flower

Hi,
I haven't seen her for 3 weeks, I was used to her hiding from the 3 males, but not for this long. I can't find her, or a body, I assume the CUC would take care of it since I never had any ammonia spike. I have searched the tank and did everything but move rock, which I won't bother to do. I'm just bummed.

flower

Well...sniff, sniff....I kind of hoped that if I declared her gone, she would show up and make me a liar...that worked the first time she managed to vanish, but never this long. Nobody is pregnant, I should have known something was wrong.
BIG HUGE SIGH... The bad thing is the males are BORING without the honey to chase. They just hang out in the back of the tank in the rocks now. I may have to get me another female, maybe two, so they have at least a chance at some rest.

flower

I don't know if I should replace her, I don't know what happened to her...the males are all healthy and everyone is eating. Even my bubble belly guy is doing great after I de-bubbled him.
The pipe fish is doing just fine, and my Hector's goby is a happy little critter too.
Maybe I will get two more females so the 3 males won't bother one to death...it's a 56g tall tank it should be able to handle 5 Kuda horses.

novahobbies

You could do 6 in a 56 if you have a GREAT filtration system....but honestly I'd only do 4. That's just me though.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/396147/lost-a-female-kuda-seahorse#post_3529732
You could do 6 in a 56 if you have a GREAT filtration system....but honestly I'd only do 4. That's just me though.
I only have a Fluval C HOB for mechanical filtration. Then I have live rock, two air lines and macros, no skimmer. Right now besides the 3 male Kuda seahorses, there are 4 peppermint shrimp, a blue stripe pipefish, and a Hectors goby. I think getting another female would be the most I could manage.