LOST season premier

renogaw

one thing i'd like to know the significanse of is that missle and the timing from when it was sent from the island to when faraday saw it. he said the time was off some.

sickboy

Yeah, that's the guy (bringing items into Locke when he was a kid, it was the compass he was supposed to pick!) He doesn't age, he's already there when Ben gets there, he just shows up to help Locke after he is shot, etc. So many weird things. Plus, do we even know who the others are? We know who Ben is, and that he is not truly and "other", so who are they?
Maybe he is God or some other deity...

sickboy

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2924513
one thing i'd like to know the significanse of is that missle and the timing from when it was sent from the island to when faraday saw it. he said the time was off some.
That'd be nice to know too. Did it go through a worm-hole and that is why they always have to follow the same bearing?

renogaw

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2924514
Yeah, that's the guy (bringing items into Locke when he was a kid, it was the compass he was supposed to pick!) He doesn't age, he's already there when Ben gets there, he just shows up to help Locke after he is shot, etc. So many weird things. Plus, do we even know who the others are? We know who Ben is, and that he is not truly and "other", so who are they?
Maybe he is God or some other deity...

he shows up where locke is when he's shot and tells ben to give him the compass to verify that lockeknows him. i'm assuming locke will go to the past, tell richard to go find him when he gets shot to save him, richard will say you're nuts i don't know you, locke gives him the compass... etc.

pezenfuego

One thing that annoyed me is the fire-by-friction segment of the show. Did anyone else notice this? First off, he was doing it all wrong...and secondly you don't "get fire" when you do this. You pop a spark. You then use this spark to ignite something. He got a big 'ol flame that he blew out. First thing that has annoyed me in Lost. I know they did it on purpose, but it is still annoyingly innacurate. BTW, who is your favorite character? Mine was Charley, but knowing Lost, he'll at least show up once again lol. Now I like Desmond most of all.

texasmetal

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2925395
One thing that annoyed me is the fire-by-friction segment of the show. Did anyone else notice this? First off, he was doing it all wrong...and secondly you don't "get fire" when you do this. You pop a spark. You then use this spark to ignite something. He got a big 'ol flame that he blew out. First thing that has annoyed me in Lost. I know they did it on purpose, but it is still annoyingly innacurate. BTW, who is your favorite character? Mine was Charley, but knowing Lost, he'll at least show up once again lol. Now I like Desmond most of all.
Come on dude, they're your average middle class, middle-aged couple. They don't know how to start a fire.
I think Richard was on the Black Rock... at least he looked like a "pirate" when Ben first met him.

The missile and timing I think has to do with the magnetic field the island produces. Who knows.

renogaw

He set up a tripod with a guidance apparatus on top, and phoned the freighter to ask Regina for a 'payload'. He was visibly upset when it didn't arrive at the expected time. When the payload (a rocket) arrived later, the clock inside it reported a different time than its synchronized partner held by Daniel, a difference of 31 minutes. Daniel was somewhat shaken by his discovery of the time differential between the Island and the rest of the world, murmuring "This is not good."
from his wikipedia page

renogaw

i think the island is going at a faster pace than normal time. i think this is why all the pregnant women die (the babies are maturing faster than they should be in the mothers maybe?) and definitely why some guy washed on the shore dead, only to get his throat sliced by the leader of the freighter's team afterwards.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
http:///forum/post/2925647
Come on dude, they're your average middle class, middle-aged couple. They don't know how to start a fire.
It's not that, it's just that fire-by-friction doesn't work like that. A spark is produced from a kit, not a flame.