lots of pics from a good camera finally

murph145

my friend came over with his canon Rebel XT EOS with the EFS 18-55m lens and snapped some shots of my corals and shuch i think they came out pretty good so i wanted to share with u guys what he took
thanks for lookin

more to come

jimmy 4

Amazing pics. You definatly know what you are doing.
What is that whiteish thing in the back center of you tank that looks like a waterfall?

murph145

Originally Posted by Jimmy 4
Amazing pics. You definatly know what you are doing.
What is that whiteish thing in the back center of you tank that looks like a waterfall?
hey jimmy alot of people ask me what that is and its actually my overflow box that has coraline algae covering it so it seems to look like a waterfall from the pics
thanks everyone else

bs21

Awsome Tank!!! thats all i can say. I knew i wanted to get a SLR for a reason....now if i could only afford one. hmm fish tank or SLR.

05xrunner

HMMMMMMMMMMM...you sure it was the 18-55
Alot of those look like they are done with a macro lens. I had that lens when I bought my camera and I know it only has a closest focus distance of 11.4"
Unless he took the pics and cropped them alot in photoshop or something to get them much closer. Looks like he used the 18-55 pretty well.

murph145

Originally Posted by bs21
Awsome Tank!!! thats all i can say. I knew i wanted to get a SLR for a reason....now if i could only afford one. hmm fish tank or SLR.
wish i could afford one too!!! thats my next major purchase lol

murph145

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
HMMMMMMMMMMM...you sure it was the 18-55
Alot of those look like they are done with a macro lens. I had that lens when I bought my camera and I know it only has a closest focus distance of 11.4"
Unless he took the pics and cropped them alot in photoshop or something to get them much closer. Looks like he used the 18-55 pretty well.

yeah he used the 18-55mm lens he only has that lens he wants the macro but its like a grand for that lens.... some of these corals are close enough up in the tank to get some decent close ups

murph145

Originally Posted by reefreak29
its a good thing u finally got a good camera because the other pics were crap :hilarious
thanks alot dude lol! yeah my lil cheapy camera does kinda pail in comparisson

05xrunner

Originally Posted by murph145
yeah he used the 18-55mm lens he only has that lens he wants the macro but its like a grand for that lens.... some of these corals are close enough up in the tank to get some decent close ups
$1000 what is he looking at
Tokina 100, Sigma 105, Tamron 90 are all under 400bucks and ALL awesome lens to use.

05xrunner

the only one that cost that much is the Canon 180L wich is pretty much a worthless lens cause its sooo expensive and really heavy making anyone getting into macro really frustrated and not want to do it anymore.
I had the Sigma 150 and it was only 600 and was an amazing lens. I sold it cause I didnt use it much now I am kicking myself..Guess I gotta order a new one soon cause summer is comming around the corner.

tahoetanks

Murph, I love it when you post pics! In this one instance, jealousy IS a good thing. For me, its called inspiration. Amazing