lots of pics from a good camera finally

murph145

thanks everyone! its always fun to post pics the tank just keeps filling in... less headache now it seems to run smoothly with little effort i only do water changes like 30G's every 6 weeks plus now and all i have to do is change out my filter sock every week add some top off water with kalk to the resevouir and check my ca and alk levels once a week....
hey scoobs its murph145"@"aol.com

murph145

Originally Posted by wifishman1
i love the pics......
but, what kinda lighting on the tank???
oh BTW its 3 Phoenix 14k's 2 are running on PFO HQI ballast the other is on a bluewave HQI ballast the 2 outer pendants are PFO mini pendants and the center one is a lumenmax3 HQI pendant...
i dont run any actinics or other lighting what u see is what u get and the lights seem very strong since im able to keep nice colors on acros at the very bottom of my tank
i run the lights 8.5 hours a day from 2:30pm to 11pm the rest of the time its darkness but the tank gets some ambient lighting since it sits very close to an outside corner of the house with 2 large windows

azfishgal

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have a friend that's a professional photogrpaher, I'm just waiting until I have a fuller tank before she comes over and takes pictures! I will most certainly share them with everyone on here. Your friend did a fabulous job. Of course it's easy when you have such a fabulous tank as the subject. WOW! :cheer:

triga22

Your thanking us for looking! We should be thanking you for putting up such nice pics!!!!
Thanks for the pics Murph.

murph145

Originally Posted by DAVE2208
You Have The Best Tank!! If You Would Estimate The Cost!!
5k,10k,20k???
man one thing i hate doin is thinkin about how much i have into this tank lol but i have done it many a times tellin myself how crazy i am for being so nurotic hahaha :hilarious
anywyas to u a round about number of what it would cost someone to setup this exact tank with these exact corals and everything else i would venture to say around $12K.... i saved a little money making my own stand and having an in at all the LA wholesalers that directly import from fiji and such so i was able to get many corals at LFS cost and other corals i received as frags from fellow reefers and have been slowly watching them grow out
but yes it is a very expensive project ive undertook a way to save even more money would be if u were patient and looked for used equipment that fit your needs ud cut down significantly on tank setup cost
i figure my tank pretty much cost me about $120 in electricity a month and then another $50 in food and various maintenance from water changes to new lights test kits etc... so its an ongoing cost but i enjoy it for now maybe one day ill take a break since its such a demanding hobby at times

murph145

Originally Posted by azfishgal
BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have a friend that's a professional photogrpaher, I'm just waiting until I have a fuller tank before she comes over and takes pictures! I will most certainly share them with everyone on here. Your friend did a fabulous job. Of course it's easy when you have such a fabulous tank as the subject. WOW! :cheer:

thanks azfishgal a nice camera really does make a difference in how clear shots can be my lil digi camera has worked fine but never had super clear shots like these....
it will be cool to see those pics when u get them make sure u post them!!

murph145

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Your thanking us for looking! We should be thanking you for putting up such nice pics!!!!
Thanks for the pics Murph.

hahaha :joy: lol ur too kind but thank u for enjoying them!

monalisa

Oh man, a tank like yours is exactly why I got into this hobby in the first place. I'm a LONG way from that, but it sure is nice to see that it might just be possible.
Lisa :happyfish

myreef05

Ya, like your pictures were not good enough. Man, I get more depressed all the time looking at the "Holiest of Holy" tanks.
I guess, thanks for sharing.

poniegirl

That clam picture is awesome! But the real deal is the full tank, in my opinion.
You just rock!
And I have NEVER seen a "pale" picture of your tank.

maxalmon

Once again, words escape me as I'm mesmerized with the vivid colors, variety and beauty of the corals in your tank. One day, I hope that I am able to inspire others as you have. You have a remarkable gift and talent, thanks for sharing.....................Ok, now that I'm done sucking up,...how about you send a small frag from each of your corals

reefboys

Murph I wonder what would happen if you were nominated for Tank of the Month on **please do not advertise for other BB ** ???? Huh, theres a possibility lol.