Mac or PC

sign guy

I know all artist prefer macs but Ive checked out prices for flexi and photo shop and there too expensive for macs.

autofreak44

IMO mac... plus on a mac you can run windows OS and mac OS at the same time... i dont do it but i know people that do i would talk to someone with more expertise... macs are really great for the creative side in you, but they still can type a word document or make a spreadsheet just as good as any PC can. you can buy the windows office for mac like i did so now i have word, powerpoint, excel and mail (i think?) on my mac and its completely compatible with any pc... macs are also higher quality than your average PC and if you want to get the quality of a mac in a pc you will have to fork up that much money anyway... ive had my mac for exactly a year yesterday and it still runs just as good as the first day i bought it...
oh yeah and probably the best part, its VIRUS FREE!!!

lazypinoy

depends what u need it for.
i use mac for multimedia and video editing. very good software and all but alot of $. i use this in my class. plus their technolgy looks like its not from this generation and all. i mean the computer is actually inside the monitor it self!
at home its just a pc. great thing about pc is that they are easy to customize. from hardware to software.

hattrick58

Mac. Less susceptible to crashes and viruses. But the more people who buy a Mac, the virus susceptibility increases. So please by a PC.

m0nk

If I could afford it I would use Mac, however I don't have the money so I use cheap PC's to run Linux. Of course, I do systems administration and unix/linux programming so it's not a far stretch from my daily work.

travis89

PC, macs are good if you do multimedia. I don't have problems with virus's either. I've just never been a fan of mac.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by wingzfan
Why MAC miaheat
What are you using it for? Anything multimedia I love a mac's, ease of use, one you get it down pat you will forget about pc's for good.
I tunes: amazing
I photo: links up with any digital camera without additional hardware
Photoshop: image manipulation
i movie: edit mpg's
I life: make your own photo and blog pages and websites
I DVD ake your own DVD's
EASE of USE for IPHONE and IPOD through I tunes.
Let me think of more..
You can even run virtual pc on the new INTEL CHIP RUN pc's
Ive been using MACS ever since I was forced to use one in the 2nd grade 30 years ago,, ja ja ja .. APPLE 2, APPLE 2PLUS,, ji ji

tangwhispr

I'll give you another side of it. I own a computer business, we are the only place that services macs outside of going to chicago. Replacement parts for macs are WAY to pricey, in addition to having problems that they won't admit to i.e. Video Logic boards in several models that keep going bad. There are all sorts of petitions trying to get them to finally take care of those problems. When working they are great machines, In my office we have 2, but i just could never recommend them to anyone after fixing as many as many as we have. Plus the 17 year old that unlocked the iPhone used a PC.

saraja87

MAC all the way. Get a new mac with intel core duo and run windows and mac osx at the same time. Buy their apple care, no more expensive than a standard warranty and you will never have to worry about it again. Apple stands behind their products 100%, when my old ibook became damaged they replaced it with no fuss and i got a new macbook for free. I've owned both PCs and macs, but now I stick to MAC. Better product, better user interface, better customer service/support, and now no program you can't run. Go Mac!

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by Saraja87
MAC all the way. Get a new mac with intel core duo and run windows and mac osx at the same time. Buy their apple care, no more expensive than a standard warranty and you will never have to worry about it again. Apple stands behind their products 100%, when my old ibook became damaged they replaced it with no fuss and i got a new macbook for free. I've owned both PCs and macs, but now I stick to MAC. Better product, better user interface, better customer service/support, and now no program you can't run. Go Mac!

If they stand behind their products i guess the 15-20 ibooks that sit in my office that have the same logic board issue were just overlooked by them
http://www.petitiononline.com/ibook123/petition.html
that one alone has 4800+ signatures
and if you really want to run mac o/s you can run it on a PC, and have been able to for years using the PearPC Emu, now you can do it via Ubunto Linux
http://uneasysilence.com/os-x-proven...n-ordinary-pc/

dragonzim

PC. Macs are too expensive and unless you are a graphic designer you will almost never find one in a business environment.

saraja87

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
If they stand behind their products i guess the 15-20 ibooks that sit in my office that have the same logic board issue were just overlooked by them
Did they not buy apple care? No company will fix your products for free if you don't get a warranty on it! They replaced my logic board when it broke within 2 days no hassle. When it broke again, they replaced my whole laptop and I had a new one within 3 days. I have not had a single problem with my apple desktops or my laptop previous to this one, which they took care of quickly and efficiently.