magnum350 pro...loud as heck...HELP

margie

Just got this thing in Jan and worked pretty good until recently. its loud as he** , its just running water noise, not motor noise. I had a magnum220 that lasted 18 years with no noise problems . Any one have any suggestions as to why the running water noise, and how to correct it..

Tank.... 45 gal fish only, but switching to sand gradually (I did rinse the sand particles out of the filter) I do intend to get live rock in the near future.
thanks

meowzer

is the water noise coming from the actual canister? If so there could be some air in there.....you can close the out valve, and make sure the canister is full, then turn it back on

margie

Thanks Meowzer, but I have done that, several times, even moved the power heads to be sure no air is getting in that way. The noise is coming from the canister tho and it wasn't this loud last week. making me crazy.

meowzer

Have you kicked it? LOL
Sorry, I have 2 of the magnum 350's ... and anytime they ever made a "water" sound, it had to do with the water level in the canister

I am guessing you have taken it apart, and put it all together again??

margie

lol I haven't kicked it ...........yet. Altho I left it on all day while at work and it does seem quieter now. I agree it does seem to be an air/ water level problem, but I have been fooling with this all week with no luck, maybe need to burp it again. thanks again meowzer

meowzer

....LOL...don't know what I could have done
it just seems whenever I clean one, they act weird for a while...NOT my fave filters, but they seem to do what's required right now....heehee

margie

I emailed magnum and they told me to send it back tom them and they sent me a new one. problem solved!! the new one been running 6 months and works perfect.