man this really grinds my gears...

S

siptang

Man... I typed all this up and my phone's browser crashed and lost everything... just my luck... re wrote everything... not as good as the first one but here it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/390059/man-this-really-grinds-my-gears/20#post_3452670
Isn't it nice to come home from a hard day of work and dive into a bowl of ramen noodles because you got shorted on your last paycheck? Yum yum.
I know I'm in the early stages of life, but it seems I never get the kind of breaks like my friends and family get. I'm just ready to find gainful employment and buy a house. I'm tired of surviving paycheck to paycheck.
Sorry for the rants guys and gals. It's just that y'all are some of the few people that listen to me. Thank you for that.
Snake - I definitely feel you brother. Majority of my friends are filthy rich and has had everything handed down to them. Driving bmws, audis and bentz since age of 16 and their own pads by age of 20. It wasn't easy for me and I was always upset about it because it was such a bitter pill to swallow and felt it was unfair. But after a while, I just accepted and realized how much I was looking up. It's in our nature to always wanting more, newer and better things. But you have look down or back once in a while and learn how to count your blessings. I have learned to appreciate small things in life, be more froogle and most importantly how to survive. I'm not so sure about majority of my friends though. I earned everything that I have. Never received a hand for anything. I still work 60+ hours a week to get by and to provide for both me and Mrs and I still do feel like I'm living pay check by pay check but your quality of life will increase over the years. You are still young, it will only get better for you. Just always remember to better yourself and count your blessings.
BTW - I ate ramen noodles for 3 months straight before because of bills in college. I feel you, I really do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///t/390059/man-this-really-grinds-my-gears/20#post_3452671
You know Seth....I'm 48 years old, and it has only been the last few years that we are "comfortable" financially........With 6 kids together, and worthless ex's it was not an easy battle, but we survived
and you will too......just stay positive.....I never got any breaks either.....we worked hard (and still do) for everything we have...and you know what.....I would not have it any other way, what we have is ours, and NO ONE can say anything was handed to us
you'll do fine...you seem like a hard worker
Lois - I think I said this but you are a great nana.
Quote:
e-block">
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/390059/man-this-really-grinds-my-gears/20#post_3452738
I retired at 40 and have more money than I can spend. I don't get around well enough to do a lot and the pain from the paralysis in my leg keeps me from sleeping more than a couple hours at a stretch so I don't usually feel like doing much. There's a lot of worse stuff than living paycheck to paycheck. Your still young, most of us went through the same stuff. It gets better and when it does times like this will make you appreciate it even more.
reef - it's awesome that you have retired so early with comfort but it really stinks to hear that you are suffering paralysis on your leg. Is something wrong with your spinal cord or nerve that's giving you these problems? I hope things get better for you.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/390059/man-this-really-grinds-my-gears/40#post_3452923
Man... I typed all this up and my phone's browser crashed and lost everything... just my luck... re wrote everything... not as good as the first one but here it goes.
Snake - I definitely feel you brother. Majority of my friends are filthy rich and has had everything handed down to them. Driving bmws, audis and bentz since age of 16 and their own pads by age of 20. It wasn't easy for me and I was always upset about it because it was such a bitter pill to swallow and felt it was unfair. But after a while, I just accepted and realized how much I was looking up. It's in our nature to always wanting more, newer and better things. But you have look down or back once in a while and learn how to count your blessings. I have learned to appreciate small things in life, be more froogle and most importantly how to survive. I'm not so sure about majority of my friends though. I earned everything that I have. Never received a hand for anything. I still work 60+ hours a week to get by and to provide for both me and Mrs and I still do feel like I'm living pay check by pay check but your quality of life will increase over the years. You are still young, it will only get better for you. Just always remember to better yourself and count your blessings.
BTW - I ate ramen noodles for 3 months straight before because of bills in college. I feel you, I really do.
Lois - I think I said this but you are a great nana.
reef - it's awesome that you have retired so early with comfort but it really stinks to hear that you are suffering paralysis on your leg. Is something wrong with your spinal cord or nerve that's giving you these problems? I hope things get better for you.
When I was in the wreck it blew out my left hip joint. When they pulled me out of the truck the lose leg bone torn through the nerve bundle in my lower back. The paralysis is partial. I have been getting some feeling back and even some movement in the foot over the last few years. I was told I could expect some nerve regrowth for a few years after the wreck. Thing is it's been nearly 12 years. This ain't supposed to happen but I'll take it. Being a retired shut in isn't all that great a gig but at least I didn't wake up dead or Democrat :)

S

siptang

I won't get into God because I'm having my down swing today but thanks yea, she's very nice old lady.