Mandarin stuck in corner overflow

masta man

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2501053
how long should i wait(im getting my live rock for an established 75gallon) would that have anything do to with the length of time i should wait?
You should wait for at least 5 months. It is just to get a good stable amount of pods (small shrimp like creatures) in the tank. How much live rock do you have in your tank? There is a way to harvest pods in a sump, put a pile of rocks in your sump and let it grow (I believe) look it up to make sure.

stimpy4242

So answering your question, I am sure there would be enough food caught in your overflow from feedings and plenty of pods that circulate all around that he would be fine for several days. I know that my overflow is rather inaccesible and what I end up doing is simply unscrewing my standpipe and FLUSH!!!! There the fishy goes down into the sump which is a very easy place to catch him...

sh2000

its not an overflow box it a drilled perfecto reef ready 120 tank with a corner overflow with the holes nott hat a fish can fit in them on the bottom and top im not sure if any1 is familliar with this tank..its pretty regfular...anyways will keep you posted.

horsin1963

this might be to much work depending on your setup... Is there a way to get the cap off the overflow drain tube. my drains are 1 3/4 inch and they unscrew below the water level for cleaning and i dont have to shut pumps down (hard to explain) same thing happened to me. I took out my bio balls out then the drain cap two days later caught him in the sump and returned him to the tank unharmed... I then put eggcrate over it to keep unwanted critters out... good luck

stimpy4242

Originally Posted by SH2000
http:///forum/post/2501430
its not an overflow box it a drilled perfecto reef ready 120 tank with a corner overflow with the holes nott hat a fish can fit in them on the bottom and top im not sure if any1 is familliar with this tank..its pretty regfular...anyways will keep you posted.
Not sure if your response was to my post above, but I didn't say anything about an overflow box. I said overflow, I have an overflow in my tank too with two holes at the bottom with bulkheads and two pipes a return and the durso drain pipe. I know the easiest way to get the fish out is to unscrew the durso pipe and lift it slightly off the bulkhead and all the water will rush down the whole along with the fish! Thats the easiest way to get it out IMO. Yes there is enough food in there to keep him alive.

kwolfskill

Originally Posted by stimpy4242
http:///forum/post/2502507
Not sure if your response was to my post above, but I didn't say anything about an overflow box. I said overflow, I have an overflow in my tank too with two holes at the bottom with bulkheads and two pipes a return and the durso drain pipe. I know the easiest way to get the fish out is to unscrew the durso pipe and lift it slightly off the bulkhead and all the water will rush down the whole along with the fish! Thats the easiest way to get it out IMO. Yes there is enough food in there to keep him alive.
I did the same thing the last time one of my anthias and my flame angel both ended up in the overflow (just like Stimpy4242, drilled tank, not an overflow box). I also had an anthias try carpet surfing (found her in time). Then we got a kitten who thinks loves to watch and paw at the fish in the tank. So, I finally installed eggcrate over both of the opennings in the top (75 gal. RR) and I haven't had any jumping problems since.

sh2000

I really do not understand...anyways eggcrate wouldn't look nice in my DT..i'll figure it ou thank anyways