mandarins

jay0705

Hi. I am looking for sum help w the mandarin.no I don't have any lol but I would like to add one in the future.my question is this. These bottles of copepod cultures, do they really wrk? I be looked into tank bred mandarins but they don't seem to b consistent yet either.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/394546/mandarins#post_3511642
Hi. I am looking for sum help w the mandarin.no I don't have any lol but I would like to add one in the future.my question is this. These bottles of copepod cultures, do they really wrk? I be looked into tank bred mandarins but they don't seem to b consistent yet either.
Yep they work. People use them to breed live food for fry as well.

mr. limpid

Just to add the bottle you get are young ones, the mandarin would gobble all of them in one day if he could find them all. You really need a aged refum. this will allow the pods to multiply without harassment and provide enough food to sustain the mandarin. I would still get a tank raise one for two reasons. One keeps the ones in the ocean in the ocean and two there survival for you will be better.

jay0705

Could u tell me where to find them? I've looked and all I've found says coming soon. I've read where sum people have gotten them but didn't say from where. I prefer captive fish. I wish I could get all my fish captive bred.

mr. limpid

The best are ORA but you need to be a dealer to buy direct. Ask SW if they can get ORA mandarin i believe they will.

jay0705

Ah thanx and the green mandarin. Its actual my gf that wants one. I like them but it's her must have fish so iam working my fish around a mandarin for compatibility and food

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/394546/mandarins#post_3511727
Ah thanx and the green mandarin. Its actual my gf that wants one. I like them but it's her must have fish so iam working my fish around a mandarin for compatibility and food
You need a hiding place for the copepods to breed or the fish will make short work of them. In my 56g I have one of those in-tank refugiums...it's great for breeding the "food"...I seeded mine with amphipods because the seahorses love them for hunting down a good snack. I have a ton of copepods that came in on the macroalgae. Tank has been established a year so ...I was thinking of a green mandarine myself, they sure are pretty fish.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/394546/mandarins#post_3511780
Ah nice. I didn't know that had them for in tank use
just google "in tank refugium"...... they have a large and a small. I rigged mine to hang because those suction cups are not trust worthy. If you go that route, PM me, and I will tell you how to rig it up if you need help. I used two plastic hanger things (I think made for electricity) from Home depot, and zip ties.

jay0705

Ah nice ok. I will look into it. It seems alot of fish I like all eat those little suckers lol how's your knowledge on coral beauty angels?

jay0705

Ah nice ok. I will look into it. It seems alot of fish I like all eat those little suckers lol how's your knowledge on coral beauty angels?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/394546/mandarins#post_3511795
I had the Lemonpeel, I love the color yellow. I reads that Dwarf angels need nice stable parameters, I would wait for a tank to mature at least 6 months to be sure things are stable. Some beginners on this site go for a dwarf angel right off the bat with no problems...that was not my tank...I lost two flame angels, and waited another year before trying the Lemonpeel...no problems then.

jay0705

Ah ok I just can't trust the fish stores. I have live rock so it's all good any fish will b fine lol I don't believe that.i do weekly water changes and my tests perfect but still.

paul anonymous

hey... sorry to random and to bother you but im very new to this forum website. I have no idea on how to create my first Forum a forum Period. I cant find an tab or the option to write a forum ANYWHERE on this site. i can only Reply on other peoples forum and emails. My question is. Where and how do i Create a Forum? Where do i need to go and where is it located on the page? please i hope i could get a reply back from you and i'm not even sure if you will receive this message.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anonymous http:///t/394546/mandarins#post_3511908
hey... sorry to random and to bother you but im very new to this forum website. I have no idea on how to create my first Forum a forum Period. I cant find an tab or the option to write a forum ANYWHERE on this site. i can only Reply on other peoples forum and emails. My question is. Where and how do i Create a Forum? Where do i need to go and where is it located on the page? please i hope i could get a reply back from you and i'm not even sure if you will receive this message.
LOL...Welcome to the site.
A forum is what an entire site is...a thread is what we post to another persons forum site, such as "saltwaterfish.com". To create a forum you pay a web master to make one for you. To post on this forum and start your own thread, go to the forum sections...where all the different forums are listed. Pick one to go into...New hobbyist, Aquarium, seahorses and pipefish....at the top of each forum section it Will say "START A NEW THREAD" click on that tab and write a title, then a message you want answered or some comment you want to address....click "submit" and your thread will appear under the section you posted or new posts, depending on how you lurk around the forum site.