Mantis Shrimp - 'Video Clip'

mmync

Hey I got a sound just like that in my tank, does that mean I have a mantis in my tank? Also, how big or small are they

jamesp

Yeah you can't see it I was hoping to catch it on video. The video was only for you to hear it. I was using "Night Shot" On my camera, come to find out Mantis can see infer-red light.
I haven't actually seen it. But I'm 99% sure I have one because all the signs are there. Missing fish, cleanup crew all dead, the clicking noise.

N

newreefers

sure sounds like the one I found in my tank. time for you to go mantis fishing.

mmync

Well, I havent lost any fish, but I have added a bunch of snail and shrimp and have never ever seen one ever again. I mean I add a shrimp and I never see it, its like it just dissapears. I wonder if I do have a mantis?

mmync,
I would say that it is VERY likely you have a mantis. If you have the sound in the tank and are missing stuff.........I put my money on mantis in the tank. Sorry.

T

thomas712

mmync - hey buddy I sure hope you don't have a mantis in your tank, but tell me where did you get your live rock from? That might tell us if it is possable if you have one, like Gulf view rock or some other types of florida live rock. After the lights go out have you ever heard the clicking of the marbles sound?
Thomas

fishman88

man i have never heard that befor thanks+sorry. the thanks is for awareness and the sorry you can figure it out lol. that sound is realy creapy i hope i dont get one cuz my tank is gona be in my room and it i hear that i will prob sh*t myself lol
thanks+sorry
mike

at school........we were watching a video on predators and it said that the mantis shrimp is the best predator in the world for its size. I saw video of it and it showed what its vision was like........makes me want to have one in a 10 gallon or something. They look cool but they kill too much

yes it is true that they can break the glass........as a matter of fact in that video I was tlaking about, they showed one do it in slow motion.......it was nuts

hairtrigger

That's some good stuff. Those things are amazing. I have heard all the hype about em, but never actually seen one, muchless know about them. Very cool. :cool:

jamesp

Actually coralcollector a bigger one can break glass. Do a search with google on Mantis Shrimp. I'll be surprised what they can do.