Marc's 12 Gallon Nano - DIARY

fishlawyer

Hey All
So, I picked up a used 12 Gallon JBJ Nano Deluxe last week. Tank, Stand, 35 Lbs of Live Rock and Sand, and the best part is this... It has been sitting and cycling for the past 3 months without any life in it whatsoever! (It was a gift to a girl from an ex boyfriend.) I did all the tests, and they all check out! So, after letting it sit for a while to make sure everything was good, after doing a 70% water change with my new RO/DI unit, I decided to start my very own nano tank! (Most everything is zero, except for Nitrates which is currently too low to even clasify on my current test kit.) Only issue is the PH which is around 8.0. (Using reef buffer to help raise a little.)
First off, let me say that the lighting in these tanks is phenominal! Eventhough it is just the florescent, (Blue and White), it looks amazing! The moon lights are also cool.
It currently houses a pair of Oscillarius Clownfish, a Cleaner Shrimp and a Hermit Crab.
Here are some early pics of the tank. (Sorry my camera work sucks.)

Never really wanted a Nano, but sure love it now that I have it!

fishlawyer

OK, did a 3 gallon water change tonight and washed out the sponge filters in the first stage. Starting to get a little bit of brown on the Live Rock, so got to get a cleanup crew working on it. Not really surprised since this was a previously setup tank, it had to be moved and I don't think the it was originally set up with RO/DI water. It is being swapped out now with my RO/DI water and I am adding another powerhead, so it should be gone in a week or so. (Damn Diatoms...)
What do you guys recommend as a good cleanup crew for this 12 Gallon?
Also, here are some more pics. It is hard to get pics of the Cleaner Shrimp. He is always out front, until I come close... Then he hides:

fishlawyer

Picked up 3 Hermits, 3 Turbo's and 3 Nass and the brown algae was gone overnight!
Borrowed my brothers high-end Nikon so here are a LOT of pics of the tank: