Marilyn Manson

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Not the first ignorant post , Wont be the last.
He's not even original..nothing more than a knock-off of Alice Cooper..with some anti-christ and other garbage thrown in. He's just darker and provides heavier garbage with his message.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Phixer
It's funny how things repeat themselves if you live long enough to notice.
Yep..MM...a girls name and where's makeup. Usually a genius will at least possess the ability to come up with something original.

agent-x

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Yep..MM...a girls name and where's makeup. Usually a genius will at least possess the ability to come up with something original.
THe name comes from (if I remember correctly) he Took the best Monroe and the Worst Charles and combined them. Rather clever actually, I think it shows to those who pay attention that it's an act to him or just a way to make money and publicity, and it's worked great so far.

dogstar

Originally Posted by AGENT-X
.......publicity, and it's worked great so far.
....yep. one of the most successfull recipes in show buisness.
This thread is an example.....I wonder how many never heard of the guy and now may check him out and acually buy some of his stuff because of it....

1journeyman

Originally Posted by sepulatian
......., ok well where are the parents at? Why do these children not have morals? .....
I totally agree on that point....

oceanists

THe name comes from (if I remember correctly) he Took the best Monroe and the Worst Charles and combined them. Rather clever actually, I think it shows to those who pay attention that it's an act to him or just a way to make money and publicity, and it's worked great so far.

That is correct ...
for somebody who will google something to get bad info about him .... he sure doesnt do it when its the other way around .... and his name is a common known fact..
I believe Marilyn Manson to be an awesome name. He wanted to have extreme good and extreme bad in his name.
Sep I agree with you 100% .... everything you said I couldnt have said better.

scubadoo

He is nothing more than a cheap immitation of a rock legend. he simply added his garbage to the message.

oceanists

He is nothing more than a cheap immitation of a rock legend. he simply added his garbage to the message.
:happyfish :happyfish Tonight dinner should be good.
Not the first ignorant post , wont be the last.

scubadoo

:happyfish :happyfish Tonight dinner should be good.
Not the first ignorant post , wont be the last.

Drink the Kool-Aid

oceanists

Drink the Kool-Aid

Probably dont need to repeat my last post seeing that it is there anyway. But it should remain true
:happyfish

scubadoo

Probably dont need to repeat my last post seeing that it is there anyway. But it should remain true
drink it up

oceanists

Anybody agree with the songs that were put on lest we forget????I think there were some others that should have been included , and then some that were taken off ...... like any song from the golden age... the cd is to new.

oceanists

drink it up
if you arent going to provide anything positively related to this topic , please dont provide anything at all

sepulatian

if you arent going to provide anything positively related to this topic , please dont provide anything at all
Oceanist, this will be my last post on this topic. This thread has gone WAY off of the topic of this guy being an excellent musician/front man. I do not mean to offend anyone and I realy hope that I have not done so. Marilyn Manson is brilliant in his own right. He is an awsome frontman. He has not been a bad influence on anyone more so than the news, movies, or cartoons for that matter. It is wrong to blame societies decay on any icon. They are there to entertain, that is all. Rethink where true societal decay comes from................lack of parenting. I used to watch road runner cartoons. I never once painted a tunnel on a brick wall just to see my friend try to run through it!
-Sepulatian

greymach

I cant stand the religious standards people put on everything. What is the big deal you believe in a story or not. No need to shun the ones who don't. IMO its the more logical road to take anyway. Taking fact into account as i do. I cannot believe storys, i rely on facts. To just put down everything the guy does just because he is a little odd becuase he doesnt believe the same storys many other people do is rediculas.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by GreyMach
I cant stand the religious standards people put on everything. What is the big deal you believe in a story or not. No need to shun the ones who don't. IMO its the more logical road to take anyway. Taking fact into account as i do. I cannot believe storys, i rely on facts. To just put down everything the guy does just because he is a little odd becuase he doesnt believe the same storys many other people do is rediculas.
Oh and von teese was very hot. Just ask heffe. He put her in about 20 different issues.