marines

G

g_d

Ok, so you don't understand the analogy so I will put it in plain language.
Thank God most of America is not like you! Otherwise we would still be a British colony.
Maybe you can understand THAT!

windmill

Right......
I understand the analogy perfectly. It doesn't matter how "plainly" you put it, it's completely void of any intelligence.
I won't fight anything unless I myself agree completely with the reason for the fight and the way the fight is to be executed. According to you; that puts me on the same level as some wimpy brit with bad teeth. And then you are gratefull more Americans aren't like me. That is just stupid on so many levels.
So you think a great America is full of citizens willing to fight anyone at any moment for any reason because the leaders say it's for a "greater good" or national security or something? That makes me think you voted for Bush and still think he is a spectacular president.
And if you had used that brain of yours you might have remembered that America was founded by people who thought, basically, the same thing. People that weren't going to be taxed if they didn't get a say in government, people that weren't going to be ruled by a church that didn't practice what it preached, people that were fed up with a bullsh!t government that didn't do sh!t to help but demanded everything of it's populace.
Good thing America isn't full of people like you, otherwise we might just throw our money at the government, have a f*cked up welfare system, elect political leaders based on their name, assume it's ok to tell everybody else what to do and stick our national nose into other countries' business for our own greedy interests. :thinking:

puff_puff_

hehehe. couldnt agree more... and if you look at america today its nothing like what it was intended to be... and why should any one fight? what sense does killing realy make... what good does it actually do?

windmill

Agreed puff puff.
Our forefathers would sh!t-a-brick if they saw how America is ran nowadays. I'd like to see what Washington would do to Bush in a ring, better yet, with words alone. Bush would break down like a little girl. Our recent Presidents have been a disgrace to American heritage and our founding fathers. They negate all that was established at the beginning to form a better life by looking out for their own personal interests instead of those who elected them.

G

g_d

Agreed. America today is nothing like our founding fathers wanted. They envisioned smaller government and personal responsibility. An America where one could practice their religion freely. An America with a small government with as little intrusion into our daily lives. But the reason we don't have all of that is mainly because of people with your perspective and years of control in our government.
And I did not equate you with a Brit with bad teeth. I meant that if the founding fathers were more like you, we would have never had the revolution and we would ALL be British. But you know that. You just want to mischaracterize what I said even though it is there for all to read.
That makes me think you voted for Bush and still think he is a spectacular president.
Is that all you got??? Oooooo. That statement makes me think you voted for Kerry!!!! hahahahahahah

Your posts ooze a condescending, pompous, self-agrandizing attitude. Go back and read them.
Oh, and do you kiss your mother with that mouth??

puff_puff_

y wouldnt he? he said nothing vulger or dirty.... this has become a pissing contest and has nothing to do with the actual purpose of the thread...

blizz75

While i agree that killing is and unfortunate event and i feel for the families with losses or family in IRAQ, times have changed. Of course the founding fathers would not be happy but they were not dealing with the things we are today. Hate him or love him(if theres anyone that does), what Bush said is right, if we were not fighting this war in IRAQ then we would be fighting it right here!

S

supermanvx

i think the americans today forgot our past...in other countries its a pride to fight for their leader. for our country and anyother countries that copied USA's form of government its a pride to fight for our freedom...
before the revolutionary war, the colonies were fighting the land for their king. it wasnt until 1763 that the colonies felt their rights as ENGLISHMEN were taken away, they were fighting the british AS british for better rights as british. get it?...in 1775 it wasnt until the boston massacre that led the colonies to declare their independence. as Jefferson said in The Declaration of Independence,
"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
What he is refering to is his right as british. in congress they decieded to create their own form of government, which the first few failed miserably. like The Articles of Confederation for instance. During the Revolutionary war, all our countries framers were fighting for their freedom as AMERICANS, thus following anyone arrogant enough to say:
Originally Posted by windmill
I fight no battle but my own. I will never let some fat-slop-of-sh!t politician or anybody else for that matter decide where I go, what I do, or risk my life for some "greater" good. War is between countries and politicians who want something, let them fight it out, not average citizens trying to live a good life.
your right, war is between two countries which in FACT have conflict with each other. USA has not had a draft since 1969. People have been saying there will be a draft, but there wont be. because AMERICANS now, sign up, which they do sign their rights away along with they will fight for their county, their people, and their leader. So it is your choice if you want to join the marines or not. your opinion is greatly appreciated that you feel that you dont need to get involved with two leaders. fine, good choice, theres 300,000 million people in USA i bet you theres ATLEAST 5 million that feel the same way. BUT you need to realize that the men and women in the middle east right now are fighting for your rights.
by the way, the "war" we are in-in the middle east is not a war. congress did not declare war on, nor did any of the middle east countries.
i only had to educate or enlighten some people because times have changed, people forgot what we are fighting to protect.
oh and i dont think our forefathers would "sht a brick", when they wrote the constitution they left it as vauge as possible, this is because they knew times would change and the country would have to adapt. 1781, all the countries in europe laughed at us, because they thought we were going to fall apart. but guess what, AMERICANS had pride and fought for their freedom. sure we had some ups and downs through the years, but look the branches of government turned it around. now no one is 250 years old to say, "yes im very proud of what we had become" but assuming, that we had only had to amend the constitution 17 times, and our government has not collapsed, and USA being a powerful nation that we are right now, im sure they would be proud. dont forget our framers fought wars too:
battles with american natives
french-indian war
revolutionary war
civil war
yep, i bet other countries laughed at USA when we had a civil war too. the ONLY thing i would think they would be shocked about is our launguage we use and our form of military tactics we use. remember they used to wear BRIGHT colors, stand proud and fire their slow action rifle...anyways....just be more open minded with the americans who have lost their life defending our freedom.

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by blizz75
While i agree that killing is and unfortunate event and i feel for the families with losses or family in IRAQ, times have changed. Of course the founding fathers would not be happy but they were not dealing with the things we are today. Hate him or love him(if theres anyone that does), what Bush said is right, if we were not fighting this war in IRAQ then we would be fighting it right here!
i couldnt agree with you more...if we let the Taliban bomb our country and we did not fight it. all terrorist organizations would see USA is weak and they will not stand up to our terror. our land would be ruined. OH and i almost forgot: we arnt fighting for oil, the government has NOTHING to do with oil. Its the stupid oil companies that make excuses like "we closed the refinery for routine matience and cleaning" this driving up supply/demand. government has nothing to do with it, they have tried to stab at them for price gaouging, but its hard when its a perfect form of competition, which our economy is based on today, and they have good excuses for closing shop for a month or so, and besides we get even cheaper oil from argentina.. just a little more of enlightenment

windmill

I wanna let this go but G_D is pissing me off.
Agreed. America today is nothing like our founding fathers wanted. They envisioned smaller government and personal responsibility. An America where one could practice their religion freely. An America with a small government with as little intrusion into our daily lives. But the reason we don't have all of that is mainly because of people with your perspective and years of control in our government.
You're blaming people like me? All because I don't participate in any causes I don't feel worthy or necessary? It's my fault because I wont fight someone else's war!? You've got to be high on crack to have logic like that.
And I did not equate you with a Brit with bad teeth. I meant that if the founding fathers were more like you, we would have never had the revolution and we would ALL be British. But you know that. You just want to mischaracterize what I said even though it is there for all to read.
The founding fathers were like me, or rather i'm like them. I'm sick and disgusted with politics, I hate people that expect something for nothing, I think my country is ran by imbeciles that have no clue how the average joe has to live his life, I think my country needs to mind its own damned business and take care of it's own population before worrying about others half-way across the world (to an extent) and I KNOW for a fact that i'm moving as soon as possible in hopes of finding a better life.
I digress, i've had my fun.

G

g_d

and I KNOW for a fact that i'm moving as soon as possible in hopes of finding a better life.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!!

S

supermanvx

im not understanding what point you are tryin to make...the fact that our forefathers didnt like politics...i was under the impression they created the politics? anyways. its a miscommunicative discussion from the beginning. it started with whos in active service, then got into the dicussion of how the military and politics are horrible..

blizz75

Originally Posted by supermanvx
i couldnt agree with you more...if we let the Taliban bomb our country and we did not fight it. all terrorist organizations would see USA is weak and they will not stand up to our terror. our land would be ruined. OH and i almost forgot: we arnt fighting for oil, the government has NOTHING to do with oil. Its the stupid oil companies that make excuses like "we closed the refinery for routine matience and cleaning" this driving up supply/demand. government has nothing to do with it, they have tried to stab at them for price gaouging, but its hard when its a perfect form of competition, which our economy is based on today, and they have good excuses for closing shop for a month or so, and besides we get even cheaper oil from argentina.. just a little more of enlightenment
yea when people bring up that oil thing i just want to,... ya. People that bring that up are either democrats trying to find a way into office or random individuals that know nothing about the war or politics and have no business talking about it. Some people are so ignorant to the facts that it makes me laugh

windmill

I was trying to make the point that like the forefathers, I am sick of how my country is ran....and the kind of people it houses.....and would like to find an alternative.
True, this thread has gotten way off track. Mostly due to my overly-moral, over-opiniated ass. Apologies to the thread creator.

windmill

One last thing:
it started with whos in active service, then got into the dicussion of how the military and politics are horrible..
I never said/typed or meant to give the impression I think the military is horrible. "I fight no battles but my own" was basically my only statement. No disagreement with politics being horrible though.
Enough from me.

S

supermanvx

hey man i did say i appreciated your opinion and i could imagine theres another 5 million people in this country with the same views. but what got me in the discussion on the military is how you said
...I will never let some fat-slop-of-sh!t politician or anybody else for that matter decide where I go, what I do, or risk my life for some "greater" good. War is between countries and politicians who want something, let them fight it out, not average citizens trying to live a good life.
i fight many battles of my own daily as well, its the rest of the paragrpah, there are several retired and active service men who are looking at the thread "marines" and then they coome up to that...after signing up to protect the individuals freedom...that would make me mad if i went through BUDS and heard that...i only had to give a history lesson uptop because of the agruments of war and then adding in the forefathers (how they would sht a brick)...where i feel they would be proud of our nation...the only thing i feel they would sht a brick if they read The Patriot Act 2001...where it pretty much cancels out the constitution and gives the executive branch and law enforcement abusive behavior. that i KNOW they will sht a brick..they did not want another king persay. they designed a checks and balanced 3 branched government by the people...and the reason The Patriot Act got signed through and overlooked was because it was right after 9/11 and everyone was in favor to catching terrorist...it had no judicial review, and the congress took no action in reviewing the Act themselves...which this topic is a very hot topic in todays society and i believe it just got repassed recently...or going to be. im not very educated on the Patriot Act, because i am not a fan of it, and i agree that is not what the forefathers designed and in fact is un constitutional....so since one of the sections in the act filters out internet phrases...i hope this whole thread is read by the FBI, because there are some true americans out there. that believe in the consititution and just because a rough period passes, hell breaks lose in wasington dc. anyways, i have nothing else to say on this topic. maybe youll research some of this..i dont kno about you, but i value my privacy and civil liberties.

G

g_d

One last thing:
I never said/typed or meant to give the impression I think the military is horrible. "I fight no battles but my own" was basically my only statement. No disagreement with politics being horrible though.
Enough from me.
You basically said "why would you get an education and then join the military?" implying it would be a waste of an education. Perhaps he wants to be an officer. Do you even know that the officers in today's military have college degrees or are near completion of one when they enlist?
Back to your regularly scheduled program......

Sorry about BabyB about derailing your thread. I am a vet though not career Army. You will learn a lot from the military whichever branch you join whether or not you stick with it as a career. A lot about life and personal responsibility and personal drive/ambition is instilled that you will carry with you for the rest of your life.
My father is retired Air Force officer. 22 years. If anything he realized it was retiring at 40 years of age. Then getting retirement plus full pay in a new career in real estate sales.
And no, I am not a recruiter.
Even a basic enlistment will teach you the importance of teamwork. How to think on the fly when the going gets tough. Improvising when the modern day tools are not readily available. Plus more. And I am in sales. Not a day goes by that I regret my enlistment in the National Guard nor the active duty time I served when called up out of college.
On top of that, the National Guard paid a good portion of my college expenses ranging from free tuition at state schools, GI bill, and student loan repayment program. And if you decide you would like to do it full time, you always have the option to transfer to the regular forces full time.

L

lbaskball

#1 Its never too late to learn or go back to school.
#2 If this country of USA was ever introube to a point where we needed enough men, I'd be the first to stand up and fight for this country even if I had to stop going to school.
#3 Much respect to our soldiers that is in Iraq and anywhere else. I dont think its nice to say "why go to iraq and get shot whereas you can go to college" Every soldier out there is fighting for a cause and at the same time putting their life on the line and has positive hope of "i cant wait to comeback home soon" So we shouldnt be out here saying things like "why get shot in Iraq then go to college?"
#4 USA fight for terrorism!!!!!!!