Maroon clown bigger than an oscar!!!

sweetdawn

maybe if you go back and hold a ruler up to the tank when you take the picture it will look bigger. I think nine inches is still pretty big

neowind

Lol Big Fish was a good movie. Its a HUGE clown fish though owner is pretty respectful so I think he is telling the truth. He says 9 inches.

S

saltfreak4

don't mean to bump, but where is the picture? Did they remove it?

S

saltfreak4

Yes, I know it's a large bump. But up on the thread he mentions a picture. There never was one? Again, sorry for the bump but I would love to see the pic.

pontius

there was a pic. over a year ago this site underwent changes and pictures were lost. I actually remembered this thread last night because the lfs I go to had a huge maroon that is at least 7" long. they only want $36 for it, which seems to me like a good deal if you want a large mean fish.

hardcrab67

Hey Greg, The one at Fish Sarfari is over 6" inches, have you seen that one on the back wall. Hadn't been there in a few months, but that one was definately "Oscar" size.

pontius

Originally Posted by hardcrab67
Hey Greg, The one at Fish Sarfari is over 6" inches, have you seen that one on the back wall. Hadn't been there in a few months, but that one was definately "Oscar" size.
what do you mean by "oscar" size? they can be deceiving because the ones at Wal-Mart, etc are usually about 2" long, but they actually grow to well over a foot long.

xdave

My female Tomato Clown was 7" not counting tail when she died. She was 15 years old. It wasn't from natural causes either, my new apartment wasnt really done like they told me and I had to leave her there in a cooler and they spilled paint in it.
She had laid eggs (again) a couple weeks earlier.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by hardcrab67
hmm I shop there too. I never see much in the way of interesting marine fish except the queen trigger that does roll overs on command, just a ridiculous amount of coral tanks. Its the only store I've seen with three times the amount of coral tanks than marine fish tanks. it really is an excellent store but they've long outgrown the shop its in. I've watched the sales they made on not that busy store hours a few times (just people getting bagged and sent to the register before me) and they were averaging about $75-100 in sales every 10 minutes easily on just coral sales alone.