Massechusetts Residents

phreakemup

Like I said, I'm going there today, to do some more consturction, and I will get the exact address for ya... Not a problem!!
But the store in west warwick.. It's named The Fish Bowl, it's in 725 Providence St, W Warwick 02983... Right near the main drag Rt 2...... I've been thre a lot lately, but when I had my other job, I only worked there one day a week... Either way, in the current store, he's got a very decent selection, minus SPS (something that I will not let happen in the new store!!! ) But if ya need help finding it, lemme know!
Edit
I can give u decent directions to the store in fall river... It's off of Rt 24, take the brayton st exit, left of the exit, right at ur first light, then look for the plaza w/ the mill store in it on ur right (huge sign, cant miss it) it's in there HTH
Chad

coastie55g

:thinking:
i wasnt too happy with the fishbowl when i went there.. nothing against you but it seemed like nobody wanted to do business when i was there.. no hello when i walked in or nothing..
sea creature for me is worth the drive from narragansett

phreakemup

I wont hold it against ya... It seems like when certain people are there, things just don get done... What day did u come? I'm sure if I was there, I would atleast have said hello, and let ya know I was thre, if ya needed help.. I tell all the customers that.
Chad

nikkoli110

I know I'm new here, but the best place I have been to is Rumford Pet Center in Rumford (east providence) RI. They were very helpful with setting up my new 29 gallon tank, and they have a ton of stuff. They have quite a bit of fish, but they have a lot of corals. They seem to love to help you out with anything you need. I actually went there today to buy some live rock. I have been to the fishbowl, but it seemed like a toilet bowl to me. Alot of the fish were dead, or looked sick, they had some seahorses that looked like they had been dead for a week. They also were not helpful at all, I waited for like 20 minutes to get a clown, beacause some girl was a little to busy on the phone, then when I asked questions I got one word answers, and just felt like she didn't give a crap about the fish, or the customers. Rumford is the best I have been to, very clean, and very very helpful. :happyfish

phreakemup

that's funny, cuz that one girl that was on the fone, when u walked in, also worked at ur famous Rumford Pet Center.. But no worries, everyone notices a dead fish, b4 all the live ones in the store, it always happens.. Everyone always says, wow, look at the dead fish, not, wow look at all the live fish... But it's all good, w/ the prices at Rumford, they can afford the MARS system.....
Chad

coastie55g

hey chad i wasnt dogging your store.. sea creature isnt that clean but hes not that bad of a guy like i stated... i noticed your fish looked no different then any others.. just the customer service was crap the day i went.. and that was probably three months maybe less i cant remember exactly.. i was going to stop by there today.. but traffic was terrible on 2 today. so i didnt go.. i have a guy at work that buy his pet frogs from ya.. he recommended ya.. and he was shocked when i told him i didnt care for the place.. ill stop by again.. you work on sundays? ill ask for ya..
you sell RO/RI water? your a hell of a lot closers then n prov...
where is this rumford pet center.. is it easy to find.. might have to check it out..
again chad.. not doggying your store..

phreakemup

HEY!!! No worries, I appreciate it... I work everyother sunday, and tomorrow is my Sunday off.. I can tell u, that I know for a fact, I am working both days next weekend, not sure about during this week... And like u said about the customer service, it just happens sometimes, when certain people are here, and not here.. But thanks again
Chad

nikkoli110

Wow dude you need to chill out a little, and its not my "famous rumford petcenter" its just a hell of a lot cleaner than the fishbowl. When a fish dies, its usually common for people to take it out of the tank, not leave it in there to decompose, it had been there for a few days. I know, maybe I should have said, wow, " look at all those live fish" (Living amoung all those other decomposing fish and nasty water.) And sorry but I can afford, and dont mind paying higher prices at rumford, when you know your getting a healthier fish, and lots of helpful information about the fish. And another thing about the fishbowl, my friend and I went to buy a red tail boa, and when she asked to see the snake, no one who handled snakes was there, so some guy let her in, and made her stand on a rickety old milk crate to get in the tank, and when she got it out it was all lethargic, and was filled with mites. Thats just another reason I would never go there again, they dont take good care or seem to give a crap about the health or well being of any animal they sell there. :notsure:

phreakemup

Listen, I was more than calm, and this is my last post on the thread.. But u honestly must be thinking of a different store, either that, or u killed a fish, and he wont give u ur money back, and u got a grudge now... Either way, it dont matter to me.. All of the fish in my tank are fine, and were all taken home from that store, I personally run that fishroom on the weekends, and I can tell u that no fish are left dead in thre for 5 days........ So have a good one...
Oh yea, coastie55g I got RO water too..
Chad

saltaddict

better yet coral swap day. I am currently upgrading to 125G I have been pondering sps . I am currently infested with Xenia, mushrooms and a few different zoos .

dray+cool

Allo, I too, am from New Bedford, Mass. Can anyone suggest good stores PAINFULLY close to MA? I've got to rely on other people for rides for a few more months, and even afterwards, I don't want to use highways...making traveling very far from N.B. incredibly difficult. TO be specific, I'm looking for mantis shrimp. Thanks for your time! :D

bacffin

Count me in as one from Mass. Always looking for new fish stores. :D Actually, looking for good "cheap" live rock right now, if there is such a thing...
Bruce