MAXALMON frag tank sell off!

maxalmon

Sorry, getting sidetracked it's a Leptastrea pruinosa, fast grower It'll develop deep purple skirts and green eye's if kept under indirect light...Leptastrea's are one of those corals that a lot of reefers skip over, this one is nothing special but nice colors. Once you start looking around you see that there some incredible colormorphs, easy coral to keep IMO.......
The frag you actually have is a test frag to measure growth and color vs placement in my frag tank. It was also a test frag to determine the best way to frag a LPS like this. I've used hacksaws, screwdrivers, razors, knifes, hammers and just about anything within grabbing reach..LOL..Almost impossible to kill IMO and thrives on being fragged....If you could do me a favor and let me know what happens to this particular frag, color, growth etc.
Here is the thread on the actual fragging of the leptastrea you have along with pics of the mother colony.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=285953

nakadoc

I got my frags on friday and had polyp extension within 10-15min. I was so amazed with the corals as these where not frags IMO. I had a few that where well over 5in. and really all were nice sizes for the rare corals too!
Put me down for the next blind buy or any time you sell frags I will be there!

myzislow

Originally Posted by nakadoc
I got my frags on friday and had polyp extension within 10-15min. I was so amazed with the corals as these where not frags IMO. I had a few that where well over 5in. and really all were nice sizes for the rare corals too!
Put me down for the next blind buy or any time you sell frags I will be there!
post pics