Mckevinfang's 14G BioCube

whisk

hey dude, tank is looking great. Hopefully your peppermint shrimp will do the trick on aiptasia. i have not used epoxy so i could not tell you if that would work on them.
I think upgrading the stock pump is a good idea, to an mj-900 or 1200. If youre using the Y splitter, a 1200 might be better. I personally have not seen the mj-1000 anywhere but if you search long and hard, you may get lucky. I'll PM you the link to where you can find the splitter for cheap!

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by Whisk
http:///forum/post/2841348
hey dude, tank is looking great. Hopefully your peppermint shrimp will do the trick on aiptasia. i have not used epoxy so i could not tell you if that would work on them.
I think upgrading the stock pump is a good idea, to an mj-900 or 1200. If youre using the Y splitter, a 1200 might be better. I personally have not seen the mj-1000 anywhere but if you search long and hard, you may get lucky. I'll PM you the link to where you can find the splitter for cheap!

awesome man thanks for the advice!!

i have 2 mj1000 one in the 20h and one as the return for the bc14

mckevinfang

OMFG

i came home from work and my temp was 86.4`F im guessing the mj1000 raised the heat in the tank?? its usually 79-82`F my duncan closed up i opened the hood and turned off the heater
temp is now down to 84.8`F
other corals seem fine although blowpops and some common brown zoas closed up also?
im keeping an eye on it i hope everything is ok in the morning

mckevinfang

phew

everything is ok temp is 81`F ill post some pics later on today when i pick up my fishes a citron goby for this tank

subielover

Wow, that is very stange that the pump would make it that much hotter. I have a mj900 in my tank, and it lowered the temp
I would think that it may be the heater

mckevinfang

i did take the heater off but it never caused me any problems before?
oh well im picking up a smaller true percula clown today for this tank hopefully they pair up
i switched the clowns around the true percula is in the bc14 and the false is in the 20h now

this should do it for my stock list
2 true percula clowns
1 purple firefish
should i still get a citron goby for this tank??

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2843785
Wow, that is very stange that the pump would make it that much hotter. I have a mj900 in my tank, and it lowered the temp
I would think that it may be the heater

maybe that's why the discontinued it... lol..

mckevinfang

i may have a problem

the true perculas are around the same size
i thought it was smaller but i guess not i turned off the light and put the new one in hopefully all turns out well if not hes going back tomorrow

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
http:///forum/post/2844462
i may have a problem

the true perculas are around the same size
i thought it was smaller but i guess not i turned off the light and put the new one in hopefully all turns out well if not hes going back tomorrow

nah.. just let them fight it out, it'll be ok LOL..
damsels will be damsels..