meaty foods for tangs

goldenboy

I have some fish in my tank that will only eat meaty foods. Unfortunatly my blue hippo and yellow tang also like these. Even though I try to keep their bellies full with varies algaes and formula 2. I've been tinkering with different food mixtures and would like some input from other people. I mix brine, mysis, frozen formula 1, blood worms, and cyclopeeze. I've been adding kent reef success as a vitamin, but am now switching to zoe. With the addition of zoe, is this o.k. for tangs to eat (along with a balanced diet of algaes)?

alison

:happyfish Tangs eat pretty much any food you add in there. You are doin a good job, don't worry about it. And yes the zoe is safe for the tangs. Oh, and Tangs need at least 75 gal. to be happy in. I hope they are in your 120 gal. Good luck

goldenboy

I hope they are in your 120 gal. Good luck

2 tangs in a 55?? I wouldn't even put 1 in there. They were both in my 120..

bang guy

Hippo Tangs are Planktivores and require a meaty diet. Yellow Tangs are Omnivores and need a balance of algae & meaty foods.

austinreef

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Hippo Tangs are Planktivores and require a meaty diet. Yellow Tangs are Omnivores and need a balance of algae & meaty foods.

LOL. I think I'm a Planktivore!!!!!!!!!