Men and Women and Collectibles...

coral keeper

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3106339
You asked for it! These 4 pieces are the pride and joy of my collection. They are not historically accurate, but they are all hand forged. I met the guys that made all of them...
And, yes, these are grapes you see on the hilt and crossguards. The guy that made this call it The Bacchus and was made by a place called Lundegaard Amories in upstate NY. This is what would be considered a hand and a half sword since it would have been usable either with one or 2 hands. It weighs about 8 lbs or so and is about 42" long in total
Matching (sort of) dagger
A variation on a Celtic Leaf Blade. Made by a smith called Little John down in Maryland. The wolves are all hand cast out of brass. This bad boy is about 3 feet long and weighs in at about 15 lbs. A little heavier than what would have actually been used back in the day, but a beauty nonetheless.
Again, a matching dagger. This thing is a beast. I've actually used it as an axe to split firewood while camping. About 16 inches long and weighs about 4 lbs.
I have many others including a true WWII Japanese Officers katana and a bunch of historical recreations that while accurate to a particular time period and type of weapon, are all machine made.
Wow! Those a wicked cool!! Post more pictures!!
How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

coral keeper

I collect saltwater fish.
My dad collects old silver silverware and uses them. lols Hes got a silver spoon that's 162 years old, it was made in 1847.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/3106430
Wow! Those a wicked cool!! Post more pictures!!
How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?
The grape sword was somewhere around $425 and another $175 for the dagger while the wolf sword was $700 plus $150 for the dagger. I didnt get them all at the same time though.
I'll have to dig through my stuff later to get pics of the other things. These 4 items just happened to be in the closet of my officecomputer room and it was easy to snap some pics this morning.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3106447
The grape sword was somewhere around $425 and another $175 for the dagger while the wolf sword was $700 plus $150 for the dagger. I didnt get them all at the same time though.
I'll have to dig through my stuff later to get pics of the other things. These 4 items just happened to be in the closet of my officecomputer room and it was easy to snap some pics this morning.
WOW! That sure is pricey!!
Oh, ok.

reefforbrains

CK I had no idea your father collected old silverware. I find old silverware sometimes when buying coins. I will start putting them aside for him when I find them.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/3106638
WOW! That sure is pricey!!
Well, like anything else, you get what you pay for. I have had a few pieces that were nowhere near that expensive but I found that I got rid of them over the years and just kept that stuff that was handmade or particularly cool. I know that the wolf sword is a one of a kind piece. Even if the guy tried to make another one just like it, it would never come out the same. Different steel, different wood... I would just look different.

tank a holic

i dunno if yall have heard of "Longaberger Baskets"????
anyway.... women around here go crazy for them
they're made here locally and the place employs many many people but there's a "Longaberger Day" in the town where it all started and people come from all over the WORLD its nuts
oh and I collect elephants

gypsana

My husband and I are both collectors. We have action figures galore of various different things like horror movies, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Kiss, dragons, ect... I have an extensive snoopy collection as well which is my other passion besides my animals and fish.

aw2x3

I don't collect much. If I'm buying, it's only things I HAVE TO HAVE.
I have an 8'W x 4'T orignal poster of Frank Sinatras Von Ryans Express, signed by Sinatra and the director, Mark Robson. I would've given a testicle, for that picture...and got it for much less.
I also have the original 1964 12" G.I. Joe figure, with all accesories. You can find them, just as the figure but you never find them with the figure, the intact cloth uniform, the dog tags, the removeable boots, the sidearm belt, with removeable .45 Colt and the original Dixie Cup sailors hat. On top of that, I have the original booklet, that came with the figure. On top of that, it's in the original box, that's in pristine condition.
My girlfriend will find it, every once in a while, in the closet. She always asks why I keep "this stupid doll". Needless to say, I don't tell her it was a birthday present from an ex, but the words "IT'S NOT A DOLL! PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT!" always comes out of my mouth.

gypsana

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3108431
I don't collect much. If I'm buying, it's only things I HAVE TO HAVE.
I have an 8'W x 4'T orignal poster of Frank Sinatras Von Ryans Express, signed by Sinatra and the director, Mark Robson. I would've given a testicle, for that picture...and got it for much less.
I also have the original 1964 12" G.I. Joe figure, with all accesories. You can find them, just as the figure but you never find them with the figure, the intact cloth uniform, the dog tags, the removeable boots, the sidearm belt, with removeable .45 Colt and the original Dixie Cup sailors hat. On top of that, I have the original booklet, that came with the figure. On top of that, it's in the original box, that's in pristine condition.
My girlfriend will find it, every once in a while, in the closet. She always asks why I keep "this stupid doll". Needless to say, I don't tell her it was a birthday present from an ex, but the words "IT'S NOT A DOLL! PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT!" always comes out of my mouth.
I do not think she would call it stupid if she knew the value!
That is an awesome possession!! Actually both are!!