Michigan role call...

ohioguy06

I will second the tropicorium its an awesome joint as stated tanks are awesome and you could spend half a day there looking at every specimen thats for sale they have captive born rays and sharks there alot of corals beyond all beliefs and its over all good service a little hectic at time but ive bought from them several times and no problems as of yet.

beldarfish

Heya guys,
Don't forget ME!
,I Am Beldar, Sterling Heights,MI.
55 Gal,60 # Lr ,just picked up my cleaner crew......
25 turbo
12 blue legged hermits
1 salley lightfoot
1 fire shrimp
60# of a aragonite/puka mix 40/20
30 watts trichromatic( i know need more)

2 damsels (one is named "Ducky" cause she is in & out of ALL the hiding spots!
here is a link to my OP,with pics :happyfish
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...ghlight=55+gal
I too hit kees,Aquatic discovries & am intrested in Tropicorium, I will have to hit it when I do downriver for a visit,born & raised in Wyandotte.
I heard there is a new store on 22 & Hayes,Anyone hit it yet?lemme know.
Any Advice ,suggestions would be VERY Apprecated!
~Beldar

kimgpk

The store - 22 and Hayes is Reales Reef, it's on the south east corner. I have been in there once. I wasn't impressed less selection then Kee's. Very small.

capcrnch

Hi everyone, n00b here (obviously from the post count)..
I live right down the street from Moby's and have gone there for YEARS..
Best "pet store" I have ever been in.
Their knowledge is incredible. And it seems like everyone there has the smarts too. Its not hit or miss, you can always count on something good.
Matter of fact, I was there yesterday getting some stuff for our pond and asking about saltwater set ups. Which brought me here.

maroonytun

I go to tropicorium and preuss. I have bought all of my fish from trop. Preuss was to look at and I am going to be buying my

[hr]
clowns for my nano from them. They are both good stores. Both of them are always busy, but Preuss finds time to help everyone.
Maroonytunes

blitz99

i like the fish guy at times.. good prices in general, especially on fish...
are you all on michiganreefers.com?

sleasia

cain420 ... I'm also from Michigan originally, from Bloomfield Hills. Half of my family still lives in Michigan....but I came east and am now living in the fake Princeton (lol) I went to Kalamazoo College...Thanks for the tip on Michiganreefers.com, I'll check it out.

znight

Helloooo everyone!
Been browsing these forums for quite some time and finally signed up when I saw this thread ;) I live in Saginaw (NOT the ghetto... but the nice suburbs). I shop at pier 701 in midland for most all my stuff. I just set up my tank about 3 months ago or so and started out with a small 6 gallon tank. To my surprise it is doing EXTREMELY well and I seem to find new creatures appearing in it every few days. Very exciting hobby compared to freshwater and I would never turn back.

spartanph

The staff at Moby

[hr]
is very helpful and I got some great live rock from them. Went out to Kee's this week and they had alot of good corals, Atlantis has a pretty good selection of corals for a small shop, I didn't care for the fish guy (big store not much stock) and I can't wait for the new Pruess to open! Go Green!

seaspy

Originally Posted by Spanish Dancer
I live in Grand Blanc, right next to flint. Most of the fish stores around here are no good, so I drive an hour to Preuss animal house in East Lansing. When I first walked in there, I almost passed out... It is so beautiful! Their fish department is huge, almost like you are at a public aquarium, without the fee...LOL. In april, they are moving into a different store that is 3.5 times bigger
Oh, and you can always trust their stuff, because they quarintine all of their livestock for 5 weeks before they hit the displays, And you can buy live rock there for $12 per pound, With coral on it!
I always buy the 1/2 pound pieces, and get a nice soft coral for only 6 dollars...I know...I'm cheap...LOL
That's great news!! I'm currently in Az, but I'm moving back to Mi in July. I'll be somewhere between G.R. and Lansing. Can't wait to check out that store!!! :jumping: :jumping:

spartanph

The staff at Preuss is top notch. For years in college I kept fresh water fish and they were alot of help and always had quality LS.

blitz99

Originally Posted by SpartanPH
The staff at Preuss is top notch. For years in college I kept fresh water fish and they were alot of help and always had quality LS.
i work in lake orion...