Michigan?

tanksalot

coinsidence, didnt know there was a store until after I picked this name. though i was being original....guess not huh.

johnny y

I spend the summers in Harbor Springs(near Petosky), but am from VA Beach. The lakes are much nicer than the ocean during the summer, fresh water, not too hot, no crabs, kind of ironic considering my obsession with SWF. Plus, once things get too cool up north I come back down south and extend the season.......

foxthorn

Well ... not a lot great up by us... I do like Aquatic Discoveries but kind of a long drive and a bit high on price. I've gotten a few things from House of Pets (Ford Road) recently that I've been really happy with --- good prices and selection recently.
How about you??

redsnapper

We've probably spent most of our money at Pet Connection in Livonia. The people there seem to give pretty good advice & their prices aren't too bad. We visit the Aquarium in Livonia, but we don't buy from them. Their prices are way out of line & the owner there will tell you anything just to make a buck. He told my son that a parrotfish would be fine in a 60 gal tank. We later found out a parrotfish can grow to about 2'. Aquatic Discoveries is a nice store, but quite a hike. They do seem to have a really good selection of fish, tho. We'll have to check out House of Pets. We drove out to a store called Captive Reef in Garden City & weren't impressed. I have a friend who likes Fish Doctors, but I've never been there. So far, the best prices I've found for supplies have been online. We recently placed an order here at SWF.com & were very happy.
Nice to meet someone local :D

baboon

I'm from Port Huron but i'm going to school at Central Michigan where i'm an athlete. Blueberryboomer, you should open an lfs in Port Huron.

blueberryboomer

Baboon, My hubby and I had given very serious thought of opening a swf store here in town, but he was in a major accident 3 1/2 years ago, it kinda put a kink into our plans. He is now totally disabled,(drunk driver hit him head on). You never know, when my kids are gone, it maybe something we start to look into again, I'd be able to be there all the time then. That was a big issue before, if we are going to do it, one of us wants to be there all the time. If it's going to be done, it will be done right!!
Have you ever shopped at Feed and Seed?
What do you think of thier sw part of the store?

baboon

Blueberryboomer, sorry about your hubby, I hope he is doing better now!! Yeah i have been to Feed "n" Seed and i think it is a disgrace to the entire SW hobby to have a place like that. Their tanks are horrible and they are currently charging $70.00 for a Yellow Tang, rediculous. I think a SW store would be great for the area. Currently there is only one person in the area who has any service available for SW. His name is Tim Dennis. He does a lot of the tanks at the doctors offices. I know him a little bit and he is an ok guy who knows a good deal of information. I'm just curious, where do you get your fish supplies and fish??? I've heard that this site is pretty good. Hopefully one day we will have a real SWF store in the area!!!!

blueberryboomer

Baboon, Nope my hubby is not any better, if anything his condition is getting worse, dumb drunk driver hit him head on, he was driving a semi and it totalled it, so you know she hit him hard. Feed & Seed is the worst place to buy fish, I have on one occ. just to rescue it. I buy frozen foods from them, that is all. Occ., when we are down by Detroit we stop in at Oceans & Sea's, we will buy corals from them, they do have a very nice selection, kinda pricey though. I won't buy fish from them either thou, they never look ver good.
As for fish, I have a couple good sites on-line that I order fish and corals from, SWF is one, but I do have a couple other. If you are looking for any good on-line stores, e-mail me and I will give you the low down....
Oh and when I was in Feed & Seed a couple days ago, they had a yellow tang for 74.00. They don't have any idea of the care or the needs of sw. Drives Me NUTTS! Lisa:nope:

stranflow

In Ferndale!
I shop at Pet Connection and Aquatic Discoveries. I think I'll be trying some from swf.com soon though. Aquatic Discoveries is a bit overpriced.
Anyone interested in trading frags?

D

daniel411

Originally posted by stranflow
In Ferndale!
I shop at Pet Connection and Aquatic Discoveries. I think I'll be trying some from swf.com soon though. Aquatic Discoveries is a bit overpriced.
Anyone interested in trading frags?

We can't trade frags on the board, but theres a big frag swap in macomb today if you're interested, thats not on the board. Welcome to swf.com :)

T

thomas712

Originally posted by Daniel411
but theres a big frag swap in macomb today if you're interested,

Now you tell me :nope: