Mike22's Tank

mike22cha

Well here's is some pics of my 125g. I recently bought an open brain. Very cool. I definetly want to go back and get a bunch of corals. My stock list is: 2 green chromises, 1 purple tang, 1 sailfin tang, 1 3stripe damsel. My question is as shown in my next post, I have a electrical digital timer. The problem is that it won't turn on the lights like I programed it to. It will turn them off just fine. Maybe I'm using the program? Anyone have the same kind of digital timer? The two modes are Prg and Auto, I tried Prg. I may be wrong on what it reads. Anyone have the same?

mike22cha

Well I figured out that other people were having trouble with their same powerstrip so that problem will soon have to be solved. Enjoy the pics. Comments welcome!

outcastjra

I just got the same Powerstrip and it works okay for me.
The day/Night outlets will not comeon at the same time, but they switch over just fine in Auto.
Let me know how it works out for you!
Thanks
Joel

mike22cha

Well I leave at 6:30am and get up at 5:30am so I tried to program it to where I could make sure there on for the day. Is auto where it decides or did you program it?

laredo300c

well the simple fact that you even have a 125g is
in my book...maybe clean the algae off the glass and how about some full tank pics

mike22cha

I cleaned the tank but I couldn't get those dots of. I tried a scraper type thing and it didn't work to good. Any suggestions? I can get this other stuff off just fine. I have been constantly battling algae, I've tested my water and it seemed fine. I asked a person at a swf store and they said maybe coraline?
If I didn't have corals then I would definetly want a UV Sterilizer. I have considered moving my corals to my 20g just so I can.

babyb

hey fellow okie, nice tank, how long has it been set up, i hate the little dots but my new mag float does a really great job of cleaning them off

mike22cha

I got the tank last fall. I have a canister but I don't think its working to good. I'm going to get two hang-on biowheel filters soon. What stores here in OKC do you like?

mike22cha

Another question: Would a UV sterilizer harm corals?
I was thinking about how nice it would be to have one and wondered if it would harm the corals.

babyb

i love the guy at pet vet, hes really nice if you are nice to him, plus he really likes me so he gives me stuff often and its awsome,
also wet pet in norman is realy good, they are very reasonable on prices
what shops do you shop at

monalisa

A single edge razor blade is great for removing coraline spots from the front of your tank. Also, maybe you need to fill the tank up? It looks to me like you could add another 10gals or so?
Very cool corals...I hope to get a brain one day...

Lisa :happyfish

babyb

yes thats the one in midwest city, i dont really like ac, they never have anything when i go there and half there stuff isnt for sale, have you ever been to the reefshop, they have a ton of stuff and they only do saltwater , one guy knows what hes talking about but the others will sell you anything to make a dollar
make sure you tank is glass if you want to use the razar blade, or it will scratch it to pieces

mike22cha

Thats why I don't like Wet Pets. A worker sold me two tangs of the same shape nowing it was going only in a 125g. I really only wanted one but they talked me into two. I already had one and didn't think about aggression between them and so that didn't work to well. Got rid of one and the other two are fine.