Mike's 10g Nano Thread

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
http:///forum/post/2482065
I have 15lbs of agronite sand which is a lil overkill but works if you want a fish that needs a deep sand bed. I have maybe 15-20lbs live rock so it's pretty cramped in there.

yea, that's about what I had in mine. I must have just been stuck with a malfunctioning tank. hah

triga22

Mike how is the tank doing. Just dropping in to let you know that I am alive. The router still isnt fixed but my dad cant find time between work and our kitchen is getting a makeover.

paintballer768

I have 15 lbs in my 24. For a 10 thats like, 1/4 of the tank being sand
. No but really, you would have had some good filtration in there with a DSB and some good LR.
Triga, go to the manufacturers website support and try to work it out. Thats all the tech support looks at anyways when they cant help you. Im good with routers, but its nearly impossible to diagnose over something like this without knowing your exact setup and etc...
Mike, a guy is coming by to pick up the Sun Coral today. You know what that means.....my beloved acroporas!!! That site we saw a while back with the 10$ frags, thats going to be my first stop. Keeping the good ones and growing them out, and selling the small frags :) .
I was trying to find out my turnover rate in my tank. Between the 900 gph return pump, and the 1200 gph maxijet that I could possibly put in there, it would be 87.5% LOL. With just the return, its 37.5%. Good enough for SPS!!!
PS - your AIM no worky

mike22cha

Originally Posted by TriGa22
http:///forum/post/2483489
Mike how is the tank doing. Just dropping in to let you know that I am alive. The router still isnt fixed but my dad cant find time between work and our kitchen is getting a makeover.
Ok. The tank is doing pretty good, except that my clam has aiptasia. Hope you can get back on soon. Also, whenever we were without power, I learned to love Panera Bread's free wireless internet if you have a laptop.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2483836
I have 15 lbs in my 24. For a 10 thats like, 1/4 of the tank being sand
. No but really, you would have had some good filtration in there with a DSB and some good LR.
Triga, go to the manufacturers website support and try to work it out. Thats all the tech support looks at anyways when they cant help you. Im good with routers, but its nearly impossible to diagnose over something like this without knowing your exact setup and etc...
Mike, a guy is coming by to pick up the Sun Coral today. You know what that means.....my beloved acroporas!!! That site we saw a while back with the 10$ frags, thats going to be my first stop. Keeping the good ones and growing them out, and selling the small frags :) .
I was trying to find out my turnover rate in my tank. Between the 900 gph return pump, and the 1200 gph maxijet that I could possibly put in there, it would be 87.5% LOL. With just the return, its 37.5%. Good enough for SPS!!!
PS - your AIM no worky
Yeah I realize my AIM isn't working. I think I may either be getting a 72g bow used or a brand new 75g. I'm hoping the bow because that'd be cooler, but idk. Also I think I'm selling my clowns Sat. because we had some mis-communication issues Tuesday when they were supposed to be gone.

paintballer768

Thats cool. The 72/75 will let you keep some good options. I would keep it FOWLR since your only going to see it every now and then right? If you will see it regularly, try to get your dad to go in half/half on MH lights.
Hows the clam doing? Hows the SPS? Any polyp extension? Retaining color? Bleaching? Info and pics plsss

mike22cha

http:///forum/post/2483886
Thats cool. The 72/75 will let you keep some good options. I would keep it FOWLR since your only going to see it every now and then right? If you will see it regularly, try to get your dad to go in half/half on MH lights.
Hows the clam doing? Hows the SPS? Any polyp extension? Retaining color? Bleaching? Info and pics plsss

Well my dad is moving because he isn't getting the income he should be, so I'm not going to ask to help pay for 48" lights.
Also the reason we're getting a 75g/72g so I can keep certain fish I already have (which I could get flamed for so I'm not going to say
).
The clam is doing great but still has aiptasia. After paintballing tomorrow and hopefuly selling the clowns(still haven't heard from the dude, so I guess I'll have to call him. That'll be interesting.
) I may go get a peppermint shrimp.

triga22

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
http:///forum/post/2483853
Ok. The tank is doing pretty good, except that my clam has aiptasia. Hope you can get back on soon. Also, whenever we were without power, I learned to love Panera Bread's free wireless internet if you have a laptop.

lol I have internet. Its just that I need to hook it up right into the wall becuase the router wont send out a signal.

mike22cha

Today I may be going to go look at stands/aquariums at lfs's, not sure. Also I may be getting my lil mag float over to my mom's so that my tank is good enough to have pics taken of. Aiptasia still on clam, not spreading from what I can tell. Also I do have pics from a week ago I'll post up on here.

mike22cha

http:///forum/post/2489181
Get pictures when you can

I want to see that SPS that you got
Somehow I ended up back at my dad's (since he only has a couple days till heading down to New Mexico) so no pics for now.
I find it amazing how this thread has gone so long without even pics on it.

mike22cha

Ok pics may be up tomorrow, idk.
Here's some updates, my dad's leaving Monday, I may be downgrading my 125g soon to a 75g. I may have money left over, idk. But I may also sell my 10g and 20g and upgrade to a 29g or 24g. As you may know, the whole purpose to getting my MH's were for my 20g, but the lights did not fit. So I may just get a 29g or 24g (the 29g I saw was 21" long).
And I found bristle worms in my tank, and I believe I saw some brine shrimp also (saw some mini shrimps crawling around my tank).
So now I got aptasia and bristle to worry about, so I'm going to get a peppermint shrimp and a six line wrasse and get the 29g so I can keep the wrasse.

mike22cha

Here's some last pics of my 125g before we downgrade and some pics of my MH's on my 20g when I realized I had to use them on a 20" tank.

Before:

After/kinda:

My Sailfin (Scarface) and Foxface before they get sold sometime soon:

Fish:

My Porcupine Puffer always ready for his next meal: