Mini Brittle Stars- A LOT OF THEM

dallassvt

I have a ton of Mini Brittle Stars in my reef tank. What do they eat? Are they eating all of my pods?
What can I do to get rid of some of them??? Does anything eat them?
Right now i am pulling them out by hand but there are still a lot1
thanks,

meowzer

Leave them in there....they eat the leftovers and waste.....if you are finding that you have more and more....you may be feeding too much, or not have enough filtration

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVT http:///forum/thread/381110/mini-brittle-stars-a-lot-of-them#post_3318227
I have a ton of Mini Brittle Stars in my reef tank. What do they eat? Are they eating all of my pods?
What can I do to get rid of some of them??? Does anything eat them?
Right now i am pulling them out by hand but there are still a lot1
thanks,
I will gladly take every one you can send me..I have no idea how to go about it. I'm sure it would have to be next day air...let me know if you want to try.

bla403

I have hundreds of these also!! All started with a few that hitchhiked and now they are in every rock. The only thing I dont like about them is when they try to steal mysis from my corals as they eat.

levinjac

well first you buy fish bags two you go to the post and say give me a box for fish live stock 3 you fill up 1 bag 3 qauters full of your tank water and take as many as you can find and put them in the bag 4 you some how put oxygen in th bag will closing it then quickly close it and spin the bag around 3 to 5 times real slow then put a rubber band on the top to secure it 5 put it in the box it should be icolated and secure put ice packs around the area to keep cool 6 close up box with duckt tape 6 give it to the people you chose when you brought the box(i recomend fed ex) place a sticker that says live and point an arrow to make sure it is at the right position order over night express with flowers info on it and she should recive it the next day

dallassvt

So, They cant do any harm to my tank?? I have thousands, and I will send them to anyone who i willing to give up an ACRO frag.... :)

sparty059

I was looking at my tank the other day and found one trying to make its way out of the refugium... first time I've ever picked up a star fish... he loved hanging on my finger. Def keep many to clean up your rocks and sand bed though.