MORE PICS!!!! Gimme some feedback!!

azonic

these two ALWAYS fight over supper!

what can ya say...beautiful

cant have a marine tank without a yellow tang!

SMILE! :D :D :D

Did I mention my angel is completely retarted? He swims right down on the sand from time to time...i think he knows that when he stirs up the sand bed and makes a mess that it pisses me off.

My new guy

my DIY refugium/sump...still waiting on my return pump to get it going.

almarktool

love the angel fish what kind is it? what type of substrate is that and where did u get it it looks very white and fine

clown jr

angel is beautiful!!!! how hold? puffer looks nice. the new guy, maroon clown, he should be happy. i think the stock is well thought out and picked well.

azonic

Almarktool - the angel is a blue-ring angel. I've only had him for two months, i bought him at that size, couldn't resist when i saw him in the store. As for the sand, it's "caribsea aragonite, sugar-sized". It's kept clean by simply hermit crabs, ive got 20-30 of them, they are constantly eating crap off the bottom. The tank is around 7 months old...something like that.

fishymissy

I love your photos too!
I thought I was the only one with a retarded fish....my clown does the same thing your angel does. I think it's a spiteful action too. Mine usually does it when I don't serve him his favorite for dinner!:D

ryebread

Nice pics-
I love that hungry little puffer. That angel is beautiful. I posted some pics, take a look.

azonic

twoods71 - yeah he cost quite a bit, $250 canadian to be exact....which is around $160 US. Which was a bit crazy because there was the chance he would go after my corals, but he doesn't show any interest at all.

Wow, I am surprised you have all those guys with your corals,, I have been considering throwing something really cool into my new setup, its a 300 gallon reef tank but I am so worried about it destroying it.. I was thinking the safest route is to go with a pink-tail trigger, get it young also.... Have you had any problems with the puffer going after anything???? Justin

azonic

Deuce: I haven't had any problems at all with the puffer. He was added second to last in the tank, and gets along with everyone. The only incidents i've had with him are when i added a VERY YOUNG and VERY SMALL sebae clown...i mean this guy was only about 2 CM's long....the puffer devoured it, I guess he thought it was a feeder fish for him. no big deal, cant blame him i suppose, there is a sebae in the tank now that is a little over an inch long and the puffer doesn't touch it. I also just added a maroon clown and the puffer doesn't touch it. The only other thing he has done is he eats a hermit crab from time to time...i mean he takes the shell and all and just crunches it to pieces. I dont mind this at all, if he wants a $2 hermit every now and then it dont bother me the least bit, it also is something they do in the wild to file down their teeth.
As for something big in a 300 gallon, wow you have endless possibilities, but it's always hard to choose a fish that is "semi-reef safe" for a reef. I think that whatever fish you get, as long as you keep them well fed they won't bother most things. For example, my puffer when i first got him, he ate a few hermit crabs...i only fed him once a day then..now i feed him krill and shrimp twice a day and i havent seen him eat a hermit crab since.
As for the angel, people say large angels are bad for reefs..again i say it depends on you, if you supplement their need/want in their diet for corals etc they wont touch them. I feed my angel krill, brine, and hikari(sp?) angel food. It contains things like sponge, spirunila(sp?) and many other things that angels need in their diet...and thus far(a month) my angel has not showed any interest in my corals. He is also fed twice a day.
The pink-tail trigger would be a pretty good fail safe. They are regarded as generally reef safe until they mature. Once they get up in size they tend to eat larger inverts you may have in the tank, but it would take a while for them to reach that size if bought as a juvenile.
But in a 300 gallon tank, i think i'd have to put something prettier then a pink tail trigger, you need a real show peice....my fish of choice would be a queen angel...hell i'd scrap a reef to have a 300 gallon with a queen angel in it. But there's pro's and con's to each fish....with the trigger you are looking at more aggression toward other tankmates...although in a 300 gallon it might not be as bad....trigger wont touch corals.....the angel would be less aggresive...but there is a chance it would nip at corals...
Whatever you choose, i'm sure it will look awesome in your tank, keep us posted on what you do decide!

jedimaster

I have often wanted a puffer for my final fish but everyone was recomending against it as it is not reef safe, what kind of puffer is it?

azonic

My puffer is a porcupine puffer, by far my favorite fish, he has a ton of personality...you go near the tank he comes to the glass thinking you have food for him...really cute fish. If you don't mind having a scattered hermit crab get eaten I'd go for it. I can guarantee you will love him

azonic

forgot to post a full tank shot. sooo

I just fed the tank in that pic....you can see the puffer to the right near the bubble....he is actually swimming full speed because he see's a large piece of krill floating on the top of the water :)

You said that the pinktail triggert would eat the larger inverts,,, I thought that he would eat the smaller inverts like hermits when he was bigger? Let me know what you think,, also what do you think of the niggers.