Morish Idol Help

toughguy80

Hi,
Long time subsciber, 1st time posting other than for advice/to help. All I can say is someone here isn't to bright... can any of you guess who it is? :thinking: That is all, and have a nice day.

fishieness

hey toughguy... i dont think anyone should awnser that question because we dont want shawnts to get offended.....

sw65galma

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
TIGER! Didn't see anything about Triggerfish in that statement. No wonder you never read the information people give you here in the books you have read. Pay Attention.

See i wouldn't put it past him to try a trigger on land!

molamola

I'm personally going to buy a walking batfish and train it to ice skate and eat nothing but canned whipped cream and wheat thins. It's our job as responsible hobbyists to try different approaches, experiment, and find out as much as we can about these fish. If I am successful, and I'm confident I will be, I will buy a second and teach them the ancient art of ice dancing. :yes: :yes: :yes:

scully

Originally Posted by MolaMola
I'm personally going to buy a walking batfish and train it to ice skate and eat nothing but canned whipped cream and wheat thins. It's our job as responsible hobbyists to try different approaches, experiment, and find out as much as we can about these fish. If I am successful, and I'm confident I will be, I will buy a second and teach them the ancient art of ice dancing. :yes: :yes: :yes:
BWHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAhahaa NOW THAT is funny!!!!

shawnts106

i don't think its cells are disrupted...
Rot = Disrupted dead falling apart at the cellular level :)...
I find it funny that a person with the common sense and intelligence of regurgitated phytoplankton, has the audacity to use a reference about mental competance towards someone else. Especially since you were the one uneducated in your native language.
*EDITED*, thanks there.. You know I find if absolutely halarious how egotistical you are, knowing that if we were talking in real life there is NO way you would ever say that to me or anyone else for that matter... and No I am not uneducated... I do however have a limited knowledge.. and who on earth told you my native language is english? you assumed all this.. maybe you should please... use some common sense for once! :)
No, it does not mean a person is unfamiliar with the word. It means they are unfamiliar with the language. There is a large difference between not knowing a phrase in a language you have never spoken or heard, and not knowing a word (a pretty basic word taught in high school at that) in the language you were raised to speak since the age of 2, and read since atleast the age of 6.

Yes this does too mean a person is unfamiliar with the word.. Uu Baina Daa is three WORDS of another LANGUAGE aka.. its still words your unfamiliar with... and you are ALSO unfamiliar with that language... maybe I should pull a really big word out of my "head" and see if you know it.. like.. oh lets say "dog"... too hard for youuuuu maybe!
I do not ever remember being taught that word asinathatsngdja whatever in highschool... Insane yes.. not that other word.. but maybe that was one of those days that I was daydreaming about people and there really selfcentered stuck on egotistical ways that they can not be budged against!
Funny, everyone else seems to do just fine typing out their thoughts and getting them across in a legible, logical, and intelligent manner. What seems to be your problem? Hand malfunction? To much Dt's in your cereal? Brine shrimp down your pants? Cyclopleaze in your socks? What has you so flustered you can't type out your thoughts?
WELL GOOD FOR THEM..LET ME GO GET MY OREOS!... geeze... not everyone is as good as getting there thought on paper.. or a computer screen for that matter than the other person... yes I do have a hand malfunction.. its called locking of the joints in plain english... No I do not eat DTS.. but my tank loves it.. no I do not partake of the enjoyment of putting brine shrimp down into my blue jeans... this is just strange.. and no I also do not put cyclop in my socks.. this is also another fetish that I do not partake of.. LOL, love that last sentence you typed.. LOL... FLUSTERED... hahaha, oh my where to begin.. I dont even think I will!!! or this post will never end!
/>
TIGER! Didn't see anything about Triggerfish in that statement. No wonder you never read the information people give you here in the books you have read. Pay Attention.
no I have read the information people have given me and the books I have indeed READ... but I did type this very early in the morning, so this is a very easy mistake.. the words are very simular.. Tiger and Triger or Trigger.. its an easy mistake.. so stop acking like Im an idiot for making it.. that is just childish!
hey toughguy... i dont think anyone should awnser that question because we dont want shawnts to get offended.....
once again.. how characteristically childish...
See i wouldn't put it past him to try a trigger on land!
and again how..." dito!"
I'm personally going to buy a walking batfish and train it to ice skate and eat nothing but canned whipped cream and wheat thins. It's our job as responsible hobbyists to try different approaches, experiment, and find out as much as we can about these fish. If I am successful, and I'm confident I will be, I will buy a second and teach them the ancient art of ice dancing.
WOW!!! YOU DO THAT... then Ill make sure to call the " crazy police" and report you for animal cruelty... :)
and no, im not being cruel trying to buy a fish to save its life.. so that give me that BULL!

shawnts106

:happyfish <-- my happy morish idol swimming in MY TANK! :)
<--- me ignoring you all because your all black and blue and red in the face because im trying to save one :)
... whatever!
... me saying.. I dont really care what you all say.. and I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD NOW :)
gday.. oh and Im now on my way to go pick up my Morish Idol that just came into BHam :)
its a medium.. Which I did want a small/Med because of a better success rate with the smaller they are.. buttttt... my LFS put it on theirselves to just order the next size up! which im not too happy about.. butttt... Ill deal!
If you really care about these fish you will wish me luck. :)
if you dont then you will continue blasting me .. as expected..
and If you really are concerned about the fishes wellbeing then you will give me every bit of information you can to help it along :)
this is what a TRUE DEDICATED LOVEING HOBIEST WOULD DO!
gday!

molamola

Holy Carp (knowing she has written "Carp," rather than, "Cr--"). Most of us are ALL very concerned about that fish and I personally am wishing the fish luck and not yourself. So, here is a little poem wishing the Moorish Idol good luck
There is a young man down in Birmingham
Who ordered a fish from a far away land.
Most of us think he has made a mistake,
But he seems to think you belong in his tank.
So best wishes to you our fine fishy friend,
We'll pray that your life doesn't come to an end,
We did our best to change his position,
Good luck to you, his most prized acquisition.
Have a terrific weekend

ophiura

Originally Posted by shawnts106
:
If you really care about these fish you will wish me luck. :)
if you dont then you will continue blasting me .. as expected..
and If you really are concerned about the fishes wellbeing then you will give me every bit of information you can to help it along :)
this is what a TRUE DEDICATED LOVEING HOBIEST WOULD DO!

Reread this thread. Lots of people have tried to give you information. You refuse to listen to any of it. The best thing for the well being of the fish "moorish idols" is for demand to decline and they be left in the ocean. This is not about your individual fish. It is about the economics of the hobby and its impact on ecology and when to call the limits.
Don't imply that people who have tried to help you are not dedicated hobbyists when you have refused to listen to anything anyone has to say. As if you are somehow superior or in some difficult unexpected situation like you got a moorish idol when you ordered a heniochus.
Best of luck on your moorish idol. I hope you will be honest and dedicated and let us know what happens with it - including if it should die. Actually share meaningful, conservative information and not boasting, about what you are doing. But I fully expect to hear how great it is doing for a few months or a year and then not much else.
Dang I can't believe they've removed the rolleye smiley. How we've all needed it in this thread.
Thread closed but not silent.