Most expensive death?

alison

:happyfish Most expensive of mine: Rose bubble anemonie, and chevron tang. Most unique of mine: Electric green open brain, anthelia, pipefish, red seahorse. Unfortunately, that was back when I didn't know better about tank size and lights and diseases, and lost all those.
Typical Jimmy G Typical:rolleyes: You know this isn't just a forumn for guys ya know. -ali I should put up a pix of a sweaty guy in a bikini, and see how you feel. Ha, ha:cheer:

spicyballs

Originally posted by pufferman
$199 for Starry puffer that I bought for my "Puffer Project". It died from some kind of internal bacterial infection. It was doing fine for about a week, and then suddenly started to swell up like a balloon. Sad....
But, fortunately my Map puffer, which is the most expensive fish I've ever bought, is doing just great. I've also lost Clown trigger, Harlequin Tusk, and Yellow fuzzy Dwarf Lion...each of which costs around $100.

you got an 800 gallon tank?!! you scuba/snorkel in there too?... dang..
most expensive fish i've lost.. $30 flame.. most expensive coral.. pearl bubble $40

pufferman

SpicyBalls: It's not actually 800, but the total volumes combined. My biggest tank is 500 (which is almost complete)......I have 180 and a bunch of other smaller tanks. I just didn't want the hassle of enumerating all of their volumes. I still don't know exactly how many gallons of water I have. :D That's why I put a + sign right next to the number.

spicyballs

Originally posted by pufferman
SpicyBalls: It's not actually 800, but the total volumes combined. My biggest tank is 500 (which is almost complete)......I have 180 and a bunch of other smaller tanks. I just didn't want the hassle of enumerating all of their volumes. I still don't know exactly how many gallons of water I have. :D That's why I put a + sign right next to the number.

OK, correction... 500 gallon tank?!!! that's awesome! hehe.. still cool... must be a full time job managing all em tanks..

spicyballs

Originally posted by YellowTail
spicy balls,
where in ny are you located?what lfs do you go to?

I live westchester, ny... i go to new york aquaria in mammaroneck, fishtown in flushing queens, new world in manhattan... and some petcos here and there... i travel all over...

chandler04

I dont think yer too far from Bang Guy there my friend, if I am correct. Maybe you should pay him a visit, gawk at his setup, go snorkeling in his laggon??? LOL

spicyballs

Originally posted by Chandler04
I dont think yer too far from Bang Guy there my friend, if I am correct. Maybe you should pay him a visit, gawk at his setup, go snorkeling in his laggon??? LOL

bang guy,.. "where you at?"....

ryuson99

Originally posted by SpicyBalls
I live westchester, ny... i go to new york aquaria in mammaroneck, fishtown in flushing queens, new world in manhattan... and some petcos here and there... i travel all over...

Hey spice im in NYC and have trouble finding good stores. Can you please email me at ryuson99@gmail.com some of the addresses for those stores? thanks

mikeeyy

it cost me over $600.00! from now on its freshwater. the money isnt the issue. its getting the beautiful creatures just to see them suffer and die! ive converted my 155 gallon bowfront tank into a fw tank with oscars. cichlids are beautiful and dont require the water parameters that sw need!

tru conch

biggest loss at one time (due to the hurricanes)
3 Acros colonies - 50.00each (on the low end)
All of my xenia - 35.00
A 6in Blue Tang - 70.00
A 6in Sailfin Tang@ 50.00
A 6in Purple Tang@ 80.00
2 clowns -35.00
1 neon goby@ 10.00
1 closed brain coral - 40.00
plus numerous hermits, shrimp, brittle stars, and snails
when i tallyed it up (with the inverts) it was about 800. 00! the power off caused the water to heat up too much, which was the cause of death. i tried to float ice, but to no avail. i did manage to keep most of my cheap fish (chromis, watchman goby) and most of my lps survived. also it gives me a chance to resock my tank, but it was an expensive loss, especially since some of the fish ive had for years.

phils1107

I lost 2 manderins and a scooter to my powerheads. - $60
Kole Tang to the carpet- $35
Green Carpet - $80
2 clowns - $50

fishnerd

One of my customers has a 750 fo tank and decided to add a RS Titan Trigger.
Say goodbye to...
Hawaiian Dragon Moray-$700
Golden Dogface Puffer-$200
RS Bluebird Wrasse-$90
8" Blueface Angel-$250
This all happened in a couple of hours.

molamola

I have to tell about the biggest most expensive loss I witnessed at the LFS I worked at a few years back. They had a six foot long green moray in a 40,000 gallon display that jumped out and we didn't find it for like three days and when we did. Man oh man. What a stench, and what a sight. It looked like a giant banana slug all layed out on the wooden deck surrounding the tank, dripping green goo onto the floor below. It was sick! And I got to be a pallbearer as we stuffed it in a styrofoam box and tossed it in the dumpster. It left an imprint behind that lasted for a few months. Most expensive and most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

fishy411

Gross. I know someone who had a ropefish jump out of their tank and they found it like a year lateer and it was all dried out and preserved. My most expensive loss was a 5$ fw panda cory.

rjmang

I left last Saturday for a week long trip and the guy feeding my tank called me on Tuesday to tell me that the tank had crashed. All the water readings were good. No idea. All prices are estimated LFS prices, obviously not the price I paid.
2 fully grown lions $250
1 9" argus grouper $125
1 5" yellow bellied blue tang $75
1 5" Sailfin Tang $55
1 4" Purple Tang $75
1 5" Porc Puffer $50
1 3" Niger Trigger $30
1 5" Rabbit Fish $30
$690 total, which is a low LFS estimate.
And no the trip was not worth it, business.
I feel the worst about the grouper and the puffer.