Most expensive LFS buys

sufunk

$120 for a very small(1 inch) pink goniopora. It was pricey 4 weeks ago when it looked fairly healthy. Now that its 35%dead, youd think they'd lower the sticker a little.

sinaloa213

Originally Posted by surfinusa
drewsta could you post a pic of the clown trigger and that was a pretty good deal because they are so exspensive you got a good deal on one and finding one that big im not sure but i think its rare but please please please post a pic if you still have him :jumping:

wow i could get a clown trigger here in roseville cali. for 30 tops. from an aquarium called aqua zoo.

S

surfinusa

thats probably 1 of the best deals i have ever heard for a clown trigger for a juvenile here they are 60-80 dollars

S

surfinusa

thats probably 1 of the best deals i have ever heard for a clown trigger for a juvenile here they are 60-80 dollars for a adult im guessing a 1000-2000 dollars for a adult :scared:

fishman830

Originally Posted by Kreckner
$200.00 for a Black Tang
$150.00 for a Chevron Tang
$130.00 for a 3" Flame Angel
$40.00 for a freakin Peppermint Shrimp
Yep, marine fish are expensive here in the Twin Cities.

only way i'd ever pay for any of those is if they either poop diamonds or frags

hops523

I wish you guys could come here where I live and visit this one lfs, its not that expensive at all, and they have really good fish. The most unresonable price I have seen there was probably orange baby seahorses for about $80 or so. The coral they sell is pretty expensive though, but I wont get into that.

sinaloa213

i saw i 500
dollar blue clam
by the way it was 18 in. long funny part about it .....IT SOLD

ross

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
i saw i 500
dollar blue clam
by the way it was 18 in. long funny part about it .....IT SOLD
If its a squasmosa, which im assuming it is b/c its 18in, thats dirt cheap. Normally blue squasmosas that are 5-6in go for around $500.

fishboy52

70 bucks for a rock of 2 mushrooms at pet land that where shriveled up and dying the landy said it didn't matter there price it was their detail........... i'm like what detail their basically dead

mr. guitar

I saw, and I'm sure a ton of other people on here saw it too...a Gem Tang on some other website that sold for $3,000. Way to much for a fish. What would suck if it died on day 15 then they couldn't get their money back.

nicholas

i would have to say one of the biggest rip off places would be *****, and petland by far...
there staff dont know anything about wut there selling, much less how much there actually worth...
the biggest rip off ive experienced was i bought a regal tang for 79.99 and it was only an inch long...and ever since then, the fish is always sick and is all scared up from scratching itself on rocks.

sugarfox03

I went to a place in Jupiter, FL (wont say the name) and their prices are just ridiculous! I didnt get anything, but was just shocked as to what they were charging people. They were selling a Cat 5 Hurricane battery back up pump for $176.00 (I bought mine brand new for $45.00 on the auction site and I see them in other retail stores for $90.00) They were selling emerald crabs for $10.00, two days before I got one for $4.00. Their coral prices were just insane too, cant remember anything particular right off the top of my head, but wow. They were selling my tank, 24 gal AquaPod with normal lights for $375, I paid $225 for mine. I wont be back there again!!

yimmy

AW2 said:
Incorrect info. Queen Triggers do not pair up...they mate and then leave each other again, as they're solitary animals. Also, there are no confirmed reports of them breeding in captivity. The guy was pulling your chain. If they were truly 12" each, I'd have a hard time believing they were even kept in the same tank.
I was thinking about getting them (this was after I was in the hobby for a month so i was a bit dumb) and then I didn't.

reckler

I wanted to by a yellow tail for a million buck too but could seem to come up with the right change!!!

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
1 million dollars for a 1 inch yellow tail damsel
and i bought it

OH YEAH! aren't archer fish the only ones that spit???? I know camels and lama's spit too!