most unusual aggressive sea creature

blennykeepr

i have a twenty gallon i want to put something out of this world weird in it. i am prepaired to upgrade, i have my dads 120 in the garage... but before that i can go to a 55 bowfront.. any ideas. SOMETHING THAT IS REALLY UNUSUAL AND CAN BE IN A TWENTY FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS TILL I SET UP SOMETHING BIGGER. thank you all in advance
!

snakeblitz33

rhinopias, depending on which one you get stay relatively small. Frogfish get up to 1 1/2ft. and I have no clue about anglers.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2942874
rhinopias, depending on which one you get stay relatively small. Frogfish get up to 1 1/2ft. and I have no clue about anglers.
There are some frogfish that stay in the 3-4 inch range. Wartskin is one Antennarius maculatus
There are a couple of nice ones that stay small.

alix2.0

doubt it. they are two categories of mantis- "slashers" and "smashers". they are also referred to as thumbsplitters.
dont think i need to go into it more than that!

snakeblitz33

nope, he wasn't kidding.
yeah, some frogfish do stay small.
I would never feed live foods, ever. Then you can not feed them bits of raw shrimp ever again. They will hold out for live foods and even starve to death for it.
plus, live foods introduce disease into a system at some point or another.

draconis321

get an octopus an obreirus would be ok in a 55 gal for a while till you set up the 120. Go to the invert section ask about octos an you'll get some sweet vids and pics and once you get the octo in to the 120 you could get a angler and put it in to the 55

salt life

Originally Posted by draconis321
http:///forum/post/2942970
get an octopus an obreirus would be ok in a 55 gal for a while till you set up the 120. Go to the invert section ask about octos an you'll get some sweet vids and pics and once you get the octo in to the 120 you could get a angler and put it in to the 55
I wouldn't suggest an octopus for someone who is inexperienced with them or the hobby, they need special requirements and an experienced hobbiest, but that is JMO.