mp40 battery junk

deejeff442

well the power was out for a half hour and the $170 battery backup for the mp 40's i bought dont work.what a crock.now i have to email them and chew them out .cant anyone make something that works anymore?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/385821/mp40-battery-junk#post_3385568
well the power was out for a half hour and the $170 battery backup for the mp 40's i bought dont work.what a crock.now i have to email them and chew them out .cant anyone make something that works anymore?
I can tell you that Eco-Tech has great customer service....they will make it right

monsinour

As far as battery backup power is concerned, I have never had an issue with APC products. They may cost more, but for all they do and their reliablility, its totally worth it.

tangs rule

For only twice the 170 bucks for some battery powered crap - get you a gas powered baby: http://www.harborfreight.com/7-hp-3050-rated-watts-3500-max-watts-gasoline-generator-67561.html
3000 watts max continuous, 3500 peak watts output, 7HP engine.....problem solved

Or for only $130 - u can get a gas powered 800watt generator: http://www.harborfreight.com/800-rated-watts-900-max-watts-portable-generator-66619.html
....That's really cheep insurance there!
I've got the 6500 watt unit, and keep about 50gallons gas on hand for it......I sleep better at night knowing I'm good for about 5 days w/no power, all I need is more gas and I can go weeks...

deejeff442

well the power came back on again.it went out 3 times.i keep meaning to get a generator.but seems to me the convenience of the battery was why i bought it.now i have to go through the bs of fixing it.i dont care how good their customer service is i still have to go through the bs.and i am sure they wont be giving me a free mp 10 for it.i dont have time to take a piss now with business and all.
i see it already just ship it to us and no problem.
funny i am sitting here watching my tank and my clown is trying to host my yellow polyps.goofy fish

scsinet

Crack that case open if they won't help you. I bet you'll find a sealed lead acid battery in there. Alas SLAs require intelligent chargers to last any length of time. Most manufacturers that use those batteries just straight wire a power supply to the battery, which cooks away the electrolyte in no time.
If I'm right, that's what will be in there. You can go to battery wholesale dot com and match specs and terminals. SLAs (at least not smallish ones like this would have) are not too expensive.

E

eric b 125

i was planning on getting two mp40w es at the end of summer. i wonder if this is a common problem and whether the battery back-up is worth it? keep us posted on how customer service handles this.

deejeff442

you arent kidding they are great over there.
they figured out its the power adapter from the test we did.
they are sending me a new one.glad to find a good company still exists out there.

deejeff442

damn meowser you sleep with that computer

i miss the week i didnt have this place.
alot of good friends here

meowzer

LOL....When I am at work it sits in front of me on my desk.....at home My laptop sits right here in the fish room....and I glance while I am watching t.v.
I also have a desk top in the bedroom

deejeff442

i think thats called an addition .there are places to help for that.i hear internet withdrawal is worse than heroin.