muscles in my tank

cgr

I have about 15 to 20 muscles appared in my tank over the past few months. They are black or dark brown finger nail like. I first noticed one or two attached to some of rocks. As time went on more and more have appeared. I don't know where they came from but I have a feeling they came with some culerpa that I brought into the tank several months ago. The muscles continue to grow and probably multiply since I see them everywhere now. Are they a problem? Should I get rid of them? Should I let them be?
My current readings are 8.2 PH, 0 Amonia, 0 Nitrites and Nitrates,
1.022 Sal.
120 Gal
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Sleeper Gobie
1 cleaner wrass
3 Green chromis

cgr

Opps, I meant mussles not muscles in my tank. That would be very different !!!!

bang guy

The critters look more like Boring Clams. They are responsible for the larger holes you see in live rock. I'd leave them. They will most likely die and be consumed by rock infauna. If they manage to get enough food then think they're a great addition to the diversity in your tank.

ty_05_f

It shows you have great calcium if there is enough to make shells. Also you water must be very stable. I don't know what to tell you about them since i really havnt heard of them being in someones tank. Good luck hope you can find the answer you are looking for.

michaeltx

I have a small one that is attached to a snails shell its small and is going at the same rate of the snail. I really need to get a picture of it.
they are interesting never had them cause any problems though.
Mike