Mushroom Questions

jla9508

I now have 2 umbrella and 3 ricordia mushrooms. These are the first corals I have ever had. I am adding Kent Coral-Vite and feeding Kent ChromaPlex. Also one mushroom came in and was not attached to a rock, will it attach it self to a rock in the tank? What oter low light corals could I keep?

salty jeff

I would go with some leathers. Purple or Yellow Toad stools and button mushrooms are cool. I've really been getting into all kinds of mushrooms as of late.

bang guy

Originally posted by JLA9508
Thanks for the reply, do you think the Coral-Vite and the ChromaPlex will be enough?

I think your money could be better spent. Your Mushrooms don't eat or need either of those products. Mushrooms are one of those animals that you can just watch without much maintenance.

michelle13

Your mushrooms are lucky...I only target feed mine once a month! I believe they get enough food from my water column because they have doubled in size and have split several times.

jla9508

Also one mushroom came in and was not attached to a rock, will it attach it self to a rock in the tank?

brinkdrum

I'm using DT's phytoplankton aragamilk and coral vite every once in a while. I have them almost mid way down in my tank half way out and half way sheltered under a rock. I started with 5 small pinks a month ago and they have split into 20! I now have 9 babies and 11 big ones. They are doing excellent, I'm planning to get some little pieces of rock so i can frag them.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by JLA9508
. Also one mushroom came in and was not attached to a rock, will it attach it self to a rock in the tank?

I'd find a rock where you wantot attach it and use some craft netting and wrap the craft netting around the mushroom and hte rock ... then let it sit for a week and remove the netting. in a weeks time the mushroom should attach itself .... or you can let it drift until it finds its own home ... but I'd prefer to find a home for it and facilitate it attaching itself ....

gonchar

I am starting up a new reef tank. It's my first time, but I have plenty of experience with saltwater fish only tanks and have a very small reef in one of them. I have read some of the replies in this thread for info on feeding corals. What else do they eat? What do anenomes eat? I already have all of the ligthing and lr set up so I'm almost ready to start adding some other inhabitants. Any help would be appreciated.