My 125 reef

anonome

Ok, I would like you to be honest...... What do you think?..... 21 months running. Open to any new suggestions. This is my first full tank shot....so give it to me. Good or bad.

babyb

what a noob
no im kidding your tank loos great and i love the little lmb on his throne

babyb

haha im sorry you felt like crying, during the summer the board kinda slows down, not to many people on here swimming

crt81

I love the yellow leather with the blenny on top!
I saw one at my lfs and I wanted it but I don't have the room- I didn't want to over crowd it.
Do they get big? Was that the size of it when you first got it or has it grown?
Is it a fast grower?

anonome

To be honest, the one that I have was super skinny...I worried about putting it into a tank already inhabited by herbivores...the tangs. He has been in the tank for about 3 months and has grown in the abdomen lol... eats plenty off of the back glass and the rock. He hasn't eaten any of the food for the fish, but not worried yet. Seems to get plenty to eat from the other resources.
I wouldn't put him in anything new, but a seasoned tank...at least 9 months old would be just fine.

ghettotang

Originally Posted by Anonome
Ok, I would like you to be honest...... What do you think?..... 21 months running. Open to any new suggestions. This is my first full tank shot....so give it to me. Good or bad.
Nice tank u have there Anonome. I also bought 125g ready reef tank and I want to start simple mix reef tank. I have a question for you. What kind of light are you using. How many pounds of live rock. What kind and where did you buy. I still looking and gathering information about people who have 125g tank reef because this is my first ever reef tank I'll do and I want to make sure that I'm doing it right for the first time. I still debating whether I want to do sand bed or no sand bed because one of my LFS here have 125g reef tank display that set up without a sand bed and I asked the owner why don't he have sand bed and he told be that is causes high nitrate, which is I tried to my 75 FOWLR and so far is doing okay. As far as the additvies what type of additives do you add it to keep the water chemistry balnce and stable. Most people suggestion that doing water changes every one or two week. Other people said they add some addtivies. I also experient to have soft coral to start with in my 75g, but the problem is I cannot keep the cal. level to be stable. Any suggestion on how to start on mind because I'm afraid that once I start my 125g to a reef tank I'm gonna have the same problem that I'm having now. Also what is real the main secret of keep the reef tank live.
Thanx
Jay

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Anonome
OK, I'll give it to you......IT'S TERRIBLE!
All that color and coral and fish, I mean really. You should have posted it on the "Ugliest Tank Award" thread.

J/K! Honest, it's one of the BEST tanks I've seen on here!!!
My 125 has been up and running since February and I can only hope that it looks HALF as good as yours this time next year. WAY TO GO!!!!!!

(P.S. I'm saving pictures of those with great looking tanks, and I just saved all your pics, hope you don't mind.
Edit: Wait, I take that back, for some reason they are not saving.
)

cyclops

very nice tank< is that a lawnmower blenny hosting a toadstool that is awsome, what do you have in there total.

anonome

Originally Posted by azfishgal
What are the corals in the #3 and #5 pictures?
The corals in pic #3--colt coral behind the hippo, Kenya tree up front, white pearl bubble, and mushrooms....can't remember the kind.
Corals in pic #5--3 types of zoos, yellow figi leather, and green elegance.

anonome

Originally Posted by slowburn22
Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I think it sucks too. You wanna get rid of it for like 50 bucks?

Whow!! $50 bucks.....what a deal.
For you!!! LOL

anonome

Ghetto Tang....My light is the Aqualight Pro 72", 3 150w 10,00k hqi metal halides, 4 96w true actinic 03 blue , and 4 1w lunar blue moonlights 834w total.
As far as the rock...majority of it is figi live rock, some buna branch, and some tonga. This combination gives the different colors of coralline....figi mostly purple, buna mostly pinks, and the tonga gives me the greens and reds. I would say that I have about 200lbs maybe more? I started with 150lbs then added a few pieces here and there. I just added some tonga this past weekend....about 15lbs. Don't skimp on the rock, buy quality rock...with coralline already growing on it. I bought most of the figi rock off of this site.
Sand 160lbs...60lbs was live sand.
Water changes faithfully done every Friday afternoon 10gallons at a time. No need for additives if water changes are done on a regular basis. I do have Seachem advantage calcium, just in case.
IMO the best money spent was on the skimmer...Aqua C Remora Pro....Awesome, Awesome skimmer.
Good luck with yours