My 135 gallon Fish Only Tour

mjm889

thank you, just want see how these guys do for a while and then add some new fish after xmas. yes its live sand also have two cleaner shrimp and cuc all over.

mjm889

I know the emperor get well above 12 inches but i have four fish in a 135gallon tank that is 6 feet long, i would think 1 or two smaller fish like two more blue chromis wouldn't be bad. so please tell me what you mean by a stretch

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm889 http:///t/389215/my-135-gallon-fish-only-tour#post_3438214
I know the emperor get well above 12 inches but i have four fish in a 135gallon tank that is 6 feet long, i would think 1 or two smaller fish like two more blue chromis wouldn't be bad. so please tell me what you mean by a stretch
I have 3 fish in a 180 gal that is also 6 feet long......... I think that it's just not enough room for the emperor. Not too much bioload.

2tangcrazy

Minimum requirements are 150 gallon tank. Fish gets up to 16+ inches. I have a 180 and there are fish that I would love to have, but require more space:sad:

mjm889

Don't you get sad when you sell your fish off? It would be like selling your dog or cat after a couple years. lol

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm889 http:///t/389215/my-135-gallon-fish-only-tour#post_3438439
Don't you get sad when you sell your fish off? It would be like selling your dog or cat after a couple years. lol
Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. I know that I was really very sad when I had to sell my Panther Grouper... he was like my little buddy... lol.
But, it was for the better of my tank.............

A

adam57

What are the dimensions of your tank. On the video it looked just like my tank which is 5' x 18" x 30" flatback hex. I estimate mine at about 130 to 135 gal. Yours must be larger than 135 gal.

A

adam57

Oh wow it looked taller in the video. Nice looking tank I love the juv. emperor. Consider yourself lucky that it is 24" tall, the 30" tall is a bear to clean.

mjm889

lol, thanks, i had the emperor for a month and he eats like a pig, i love him can't wait to watch him change into an adult

A

adam57

Be prepared to wait. My dad had a juv. emperor for 4 years and it grew to about 4.5 - 5 inches and was just showing early signs of changing when his tank crashed. i suppose every fish is different though. There is nothing cooler than having a fish change. Almost makes you feel like you watched them grow up, also the look even cooler while changing.