My 210 Build starts today

a_thrice

well got the 210 today thought i would throw up some pics just for fun along the way.... i got some vinyl on the way home for my background and threw it on there i was surprised at how good it looks and for 10 bucks you cant beat it took about 1/2 hour and didnt have to mess with painting.....

i also went to lows to get some wood for the stand and canopy and after $243.63 i got this whopping little pile and thats just barly enough to get started on it

ledzep fan

Looks like you have the addiction bug
Keep us posted on your progress and keep the pics coming!!

What are your future plans for the tank? Reef? FOWLR? Aggressive?
WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!

scubaguy

Looks like it is going to be anice tank. Keep us updated on it. Oh, money does not go as far as it did five years ago.

jkcrumb

good luck bud............how long is the tank???? is it drilled??? Its gonna be awsome
..........what size tank(s) do u have now????

a_thrice

Originally Posted by jkcrumb
good luck bud............how long is the tank???? is it drilled??? Its gonna be awsome
..........what size tank(s) do u have now????
its 72X24X30 and yes its drilled right now i have a 120 100 and a 40 the 120 is turning into the 210

thangbom

looks like a 6'x24''x24'' to me... nice tank.. wish i could do it all over.. i would have a tank that size or a little bigger.. ( BF tanks are exspensive compared to rectanglular tanks )
Keep the pics rolling
YzGYz

a_thrice

Originally Posted by ThaNgBom
looks like a 6'x24''x24'' to me... nice tank.. wish i could do it all over.. i would have a tank that size or a little bigger.. ( BF tanks are exspensive compared to rectanglular tanks )
Keep the pics rolling
YzGYz
a 6'x24''x24'' is a 180 the 30 makes it a 210

a_thrice

Originally Posted by 987654321
I hope you got more than 2 4x8 sheets of plywood and those 2x4's for $243.63
I bought good wood i guess thats why it was expensive its white burch and popolar and 10 just regular old 2x4's

Check your recept bud, I was a contractor for years and im pretty sure those 4x8 sheets should have been just over $40 each.

zeroc

Check your recept bud, I was a contractor for years and im pretty sure those 4x8 sheets should have been just over $40 each.
No kidding, you could have bought finished solid birch flooring for less.

a_thrice

since everyone seems to bo so concerned with the price of the wood i bought he is everything i got for 243 bucks
10 - 2x4x8' framing
20 - 2"x4" mending plates
2 - 3/4" birch plywood
5 - 1x4x8 poplar
3 - 1x6x8 poplar
1 - 16oz. bottle Titebond II wood gl
and the plywood was 36 dollars a sheet please dont confuse me with an idiot

maelv

If I were you, I'd stop worrying about the wood and everyone's inquiring on how much you spent and just GET THAT THING UP....LOL....I have a 220 just sitting in the garage that I can't set up right away....so I am depending on you and others with thanks that size to keep me afloat...LOL
Congrats, good luck with this project

a_thrice

Originally Posted by maelv
If I were you, I'd stop worrying about the wood and everyone's inquiring on how much you spent and just GET THAT THING UP....LOL....I have a 220 just sitting in the garage that I can't set up right away....so I am depending on you and others with thanks that size to keep me afloat...LOL
Congrats, good luck with this project

thanks im not worried about what anyone on here says im going to start on the stand and hood next week then start ordering some equipment i cant wait

reefkprz

post 1 picture 2
if it leaks you have photographic evidence of improper shipping. *S* setting all the weight on one corner can stress the silicone causing tears/leaks. PLEASE water test it before installation. (if I had that tank I would be snorkeling right now)

grubsnaek

probably some of the best advice you can get that only the experiences ones always point out......please take the time and seal the inside of the canopy and stand also. this will help greatly.....for your own good. off to a good start.

t316

Now you have to get it from the driveway to the destination spot. Took me 8 men and 4 suction cups. I wonder why those guys don't come back over very often

a_thrice

Originally Posted by T316
Now you have to get it from the driveway to the destination spot. Took me 8 men and 4 suction cups. I wonder why those guys don't come back over very often

yeah i know 2 of us moved it out of the car to the spot it is sittin in the garage and that was some job now it has to go up some steps how fun is that going to be lol and before anyone says anything its going right over a load bearing wall already had my architect look at it