My 210 Build starts today

a_thrice

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
probably some of the best advice you can get that only the experiences ones always point out......please take the time and seal the inside of the canopy and stand also. this will help greatly.....for your own good. off to a good start.
thanks for the advice i am for sure sealing everything

jkcrumb

Originally Posted by A_Thrice
and before anyone says anything its going right over a load bearing wall already had my architect look at it
LOL.............beat em to the punch........GFY

halamaya

If your setting up a tank that big and already have 3. I'm thinking money isn't the biggest issue. I em very jealous; on my first month of salt with a 55 gallon. 1500 dollars later I can't wait to spend some more.

a_thrice

Originally Posted by Halamaya
If your setting up a tank that big and already have 3. I'm thinking money isn't the biggest issue. I em very jealous; on my first month of salt with a 55 gallon. 1500 dollars later I can't wait to spend some more.

yeah i hear ya on my 120 was up to $3000 before i even got it into the car im just trying to do this one right and have no regrets that why im buliding this crazy custom stand and going with a $3600 light fixture you know its only money and you cant take it with you might as well spend it all and have a blast doing it...... if your going to try to be cheap and do saltwater why bother might as well spend the money and do it right or dont do it

jkcrumb

what the hell kind of lights are you gettin
SOLARIS would be my guess.............awsome lighting system............now I'm really jealous!!!!!!!

a_thrice

what the hell kind of lights are you gettin
im going with the Giesemann Lichttechnik moonlight system i have been reasearching and they are supossed to be the best of the best so i thought i would give it a try and find out

a_thrice

good luck, honestly i have never heard of them, please post pics when recieving them....

here are a few pics of the light i am going to get

jkcrumb

Originally Posted by A_Thrice
here are a few pics of the light i am going to get

Looks like an awsome lighting system but it seems the only lights that have the dimming capibilties are the moonlights and the t5's........not the MH's.. is this correct...(although, it usully takes the MH's about 5 minutes to hit their full output level anyway).....THe display looks pretty cool too..........Have you researched the solaris lighting system???? Just thought you may want to look into this other system also if your gonna spend that much.......
Looking forward to seeing your setup come together.............a 220's gonna be my next project so I cant wait to learn from ya..........good luck

a_thrice

yeah you are correct the T5's is what does the cloud effects and what not.... my friend has the solaris so thats why i decided to go with this one so we can compare he has had some trouble with it so im not sure i would get one anyway but it is pretty cool.... im hoping to have the stand and canopy done in the next week or 2 then i will go from there

S

swalchemist

SOLARIS are nothing more than hype IMO. I know LED technology and it is not there yet, unless you want a tank of zoas and mushrooms that is. BTW that's a nice fixture I may have to invest in one as well eventually.

halamaya

I have a 55 and have peiced it together buying the tank and stand used, lights aswell. Up to 327 watts, lol. I have 2 coralife fixtures 192 and a 65, and then another 50/50 reef 55 watt in a plastic old school fixture. Then this is the best. Off of my old reptile cage I put a 15 watt 50/50 in that so I hope thats enough for my derasa who sits high up on his pedastile. Your tank has me so jealous I hope you have good luck

a_thrice

Originally Posted by Halamaya
I have a 55 and have peiced it together buying the tank and stand used, lights aswell. Up to 327 watts, lol. I have 2 coralife fixtures 192 and a 65, and then another 50/50 reef 55 watt in a plastic old school fixture. Then this is the best. Off of my old reptile cage I put a 15 watt 50/50 in that so I hope thats enough for my derasa who sits high up on his pedastile. Your tank has me so jealous I hope you have good luck

thanks i hope i have good luck to but we will see soon