My 210 Pics

goodwin9

This is a picture of my 210 which was set up about 8 weeks ago. The filtration includes a 100 gallon sump/refugium show before & present. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

mrdc

All looks nice. You said it was setup 8 weeks ago...how did you add so much so fast?

brrlong

whats the fishlist for in that? Looks like you have a lot of fish in it,
nice tank, wish i had all those gadgets for my tank, then my nitrates might be normal all the time.!!!!!!!!

goodwin9

1 Yellow Tang
1 Scopas Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Powder Brown Tang
3 Chalk Basslets
3 Blue eyed Anthias
1 Bi color blenny
2 Sailfin Blennys
2 Scooter Blennys
2 Purple Pseudochromis
5 Tomoato Clowns
3 Clarki Clowns
8 Blue Chromis
25~ Red leg Hermit Crabs
75~ Bkue leg Hermiot Crabs
75~ Assorted types of snails
Weekly water changes and the refugium have helped to keep the water within limits. (knock on wood)

goodwin9

Originally Posted by brrlong
whats the fishlist for in that? Looks like you have a lot of fish in it,
nice tank, wish i had all those gadgets for my tank, then my nitrates might be normal all the time.!!!!!!!!
Short time I have been in this, I have learned that filtration is very important. The lifeguard merchanical, chemical filter, and sand filter, along with the 100 gallon sump/refugium have helped maintain water parameters, along with frequent water changes.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by mrdc
All looks nice. You said it was setup 8 weeks ago...how did you add so much so fast?
I was curing the the 150 lbs of live rock in plastic trash cans for 5 weeks prior to putting in the tank. I also took about half the water for the tank from my established tank and remainder was new water. I did loose a couple of really nice fish early, probably because I was in a hurry....

yimmy

Do you have 150lb total?? How many pounds do you have total? You have my dream tank...it's so neat. GIVE IT TO ME! Just kidding awesome tank! keep up the good work

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Yimmy
Do you have 150lb total?? How many pounds do you have total? You have my dream tank...it's so neat. GIVE IT TO ME! Just kidding awesome tank! keep up the good work
I added another 40 to 50 lbs to fill things out a little after the initial setup. Still needs a few more pounds to fill out right side of the tank.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by slipknot23
ware did you buy the sump at goodwin9???
Custom built for me by The Aquarium Company.
www.aquariumcompany.com
They are great people to work with. They also built the stand, canopy and filtration cabinet

i<3fish

Can you get some more pics of your filters? The tall white ones. I am thinking of buying them. How do you like them? I am interested in seeing how you plumbed them in.

oxbeard

The cabinets look great. I was wondering how you went about hiding the Lifeguard setup.
Yeah, I love the lifequard system. Wish I had had my tank drilled so I could run that. I know I could probably use a HOB overflow, but not really wanting to try it without a drilled tank. Of course if all goes as planned, we'll have a 240 or so this time next year and it will be drilled.
My LFS has the commercial version of the Lifeguard system and I have found myself checking out that more than the fish on my last few trips.