My 24 gallon nano

freddyinca

Just set it up a few days ago. I used to have a 125 gallon, but when I moved I couldn't bring it with me. The stock lights keep on flickering on me so I have one of my old pc lights just sitting on top of the nano for now. I think I need to get rid of that frog spawn soon. It is starting to take over. anyone ever fraged one? Let me know what you guys think.

socalcog

that is a crazy frog spawn i like the rock work too i your tank makes me think i have too much rock in mine

freddyinca

thanks guys. I have fragged my hammer before, but it had branches. My frog spawn has 3 heads but they all seem to be connected. I'll try to take a pic. Any ideas?

axle

your tank looks great the way it is. frogspawn looks good and nice choice on the chromis. they're always a good addition !!!

freddyinca

does anyone know what that orange stuff is growing at the bottom left of the tank? could it be a type of coraline?

freddyinca

Got tired of all the surface build up, so I made a ghetto surface skimmer by cutting some notches in the acrylic above the intake, and I cloged part of the intake with a piece of clear plastic. It worked wonders surface cleared up right away. I was kinda sloppy when working, so a few pieces of acyrlic fell into the tank and my candy canes ate them. ooops

freddyinca

also decided to take a pic with only atknik bulb on and using a flash. looks cool need to start taking more of these.

freddyinca

I ordered two computer fans and a computer power supply to add some cooling to my tannk last night. Will install them this weekend. I'll try to take some pics and post them.

freddyinca

I ordered two computer fans and a computer powersupply to add some cooling to my tannk last night. Will install them this weekend. I'll try to take some pics and post them.

freddyinca

So I finshed my fan installation. I used some 80mm computer fans with blue leds and a computer power supply. It turned out nice. I will post a diy later. The leds from the fans light up the tank nicely at night. I will see today how good of a job the fans do cooling the tank.

freddyinca

My tank went from 82 to 78 in about an hour, but that was with no lights on. Now I just need a reliable heater. Any suggestions?

freddyinca

How about some feed back. What you guys think about the mod? by the way I posted a DIY yesterday. Hopefully someone will find it helpful.

freddyinca

Realized my heater kinda sucked when I cought it being on when the tank was bove 80, so I got a jager heater.
Also my metal hallide parts arrived earlier in the week and have I been working on my 150w upgarde. I'll post some pics once it is finished.

freddyinca

Just finished my 150w metal hallide upgrade. Tank looks amazing. I have never had mh before and my corals all look so much more intense. I went with a double ended 150W 15k bulb. I'll try to take some pics when I get a chance. Haven't had any temp isssue yet, but we will see when summer comes arround.

sazarac

Are you going to post some photos with the new lights?
I've been thinking about a lighting upgrade off and on, but heat is already an issue. Hey, what type of mushroom is that in the 5th picture? I got one as a hitchhiker and the thing is getting HUGE! Really nice tank BTW.
Saz

freddyinca

Don't know the name of the mushroom, but under the metal hallide lights the hairs on them look green. I will post some pics tonight.
I haven't had any heat issue yet, but i added six fans along with 2 factory ones.