My 24g Aqua Pod

zacg

I Still Have Along Way To Go.
What Do You Think So Far?
And Does Anybody Know What Kind Of Anemone I Have?
They Told Me It Was A Bubble Anemone Which I Dont Think Thats It.

zacg

thanks. i haven't had one problem keeping my tank clean its been like this since i set it up. i'm goin to a BIG fish store sat. to get a few things and suggestions on what fish or coral to get?

redsea

Originally Posted by ZacG
http:///forum/post/2930829
thanks. i haven't had one problem keeping my tank clean its been like this since i set it up. i'm goin to a BIG fish store sat. to get a few things and suggestions on what fish or coral to get?
Lucky!!! my tank has a bunch of alage on the rocks! if you get anything at the big store your going to please post pictures!

zacg

i want to get something to really clean my gravel at the bottom i have two snails but i want a fish anybody have any ideas?

nano-newb1983

If you want clean sand get a Conch, cleaning sand is there life lol. I would get a combo of snails, i have about 25-30 in my tank and they seem to be gettin the job done..
here is what i have:
3- Mexican turbos
10- Nassarius
15- Astreas
Also have 4 Hermits

subielover

Good start, what kind of lights do you have? The anemone will not live under the pc lighting that comes with the tank for very long.

[ronnie]

subie beat me to it... i was going to say the anemone nazi was going to attack.. "no anemone's under PC's" ..
upgrade your lighting, you wont be disapointed.

subielover

20 inch sunpod, 150 watt metal halide would work. Really should have already had the lighting before buying a anemone, but whats done is done I guess.

nano-newb1983

Its comes with a 150Watt MH bulb, and 12 moonlights (6-blue and 6-white)
Its what i have on my tank... check out how bright it is

zacg

i think mine just has the 2-32 watt bulbs in it. one is a daylight and the other is actinic

nano-newb1983

IMO i would upgrade, in the long run you will want to anyways once you get some other corals in there.. With V-day comin up tell that pretty girl in the pic with you to buy the Sunpod lol

zacg

well all the sunpods i have seen are like 300 and that is more than the tank and lights i have now. what would be some good coral to put under those lights im going to a big fish store sat. and would like to get some stuff

whisk

well, you could always return the anemone if you dont want to get a sunpod and you can get similar corals that look like anemones such as frogspawn or torch corals. those would be ok under pc lighting.
there are other corals you can get too such as mushroom, zoanthids, xenia, green/brown star polyps, and a few others.