My 29 gallon mixed reef

estein02

Your tank is awesome! I have a 65 and have been tinkering with the idea of changing it into a reef. I'm adding more LR soon and have been questioning the way I have my PHs directed and the flow I have in my tank. How much flow do you have in yours? I would also be interested in knowing how many PHs you have and which direction they are pointed. Thanks a lot!

scottallert

does the angel bite your corals. because i have a 29 gal mixed reef tank and i want a dwarf angel but the lfs says no because thell nip at my coral.

myzislow

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2790321
love each part of it man!!!!!!!!!!!! i so want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it love it

Thanks again

Originally Posted by estein02
http:///forum/post/2790353
Your tank is awesome! I have a 65 and have been tinkering with the idea of changing it into a reef. I'm adding more LR soon and have been questioning the way I have my PHs directed and the flow I have in my tank. How much flow do you have in yours? I would also be interested in knowing how many PHs you have and which direction they are pointed. Thanks a lot!
Thanks a lot! You can't go wrong with a reef, take your time and things will go well, the only problem is how addicting it is

I have a pretty good amount of flow in my tank due to the heavy SPS load and a lot of rock.
I have:
-Tunze nano stream 6025(660gph)-it's on the left side pointing up and toward the front glass.
-Hydor koralia 2(600gph) -it's in the back right hand corner of the tank, point ing up and along the back glass.
-Hydor koralia nano(265gph)-it's on the middle of the left side of the tank blwing accross the middle of the rocks.
-(2)Hydor koralia nanos(265gphx2) sitting in each rear corner pointed down for detritus suspension along the back of the tank.
So that's a total of ~2055gph in the tank. My tank is basically bare bottom in the back and under the rock work as well.
On the first page there is a shot with the background off and you can see the pumps positioning a little better.
Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by scottallert

http:///forum/post/2790383
does the angel bite your corals. because i have a 29 gal mixed reef tank and i want a dwarf angel but the lfs says no because thell nip at my coral.
He occasionally will take a nip here and there but for the most part he's very chill with the corals. Angels are a gamble for sure, but lots of people have angels in full blown reefs.

estein02

Originally Posted by myzislow
http:///forum/post/2790496
Thanks again

Thanks a lot! You can't go wrong with a reef, take your time and things will go well, the only problem is how addicting it is

I have a pretty good amount of flow in my tank due to the heavy SPS load and a lot of rock.
I have:
-Tunze nano stream 6025(660gph)-it's on the left side pointing up and toward the front glass.
-Hydor koralia 2(600gph) -it's in the back right hand corner of the tank, point ing up and along the back glass.
-Hydor koralia nano(265gph)-it's on the middle of the left side of the tank blwing accross the middle of the rocks.
-(2)Hydor koralia nanos(265gphx2) sitting in each rear corner pointed down for detritus suspension along the back of the tank.
So that's a total of ~2055gph in the tank. My tank is basically bare bottom in the back and under the rock work as well.
On the first page there is a shot with the background off and you can see the pumps positioning a little better.
Hope that helps.
That is great...WOW almost 71x turnover...is that really how much is needed for a predominantly SPS tank? Most of the information that I've read says 20x turnover. Your tank looks great so you must know what you are doing! Makes my tank look the kiddie pool! Thanks for the information.

clownfish11

hey man so hows the angel? does he pick at all, and if so what does he pick at? let me know
tank looks great
any interest is trading me some of those nuc greens and pd's since my last dealer backed out last second?

swnewb562

dude that tank is sweet
, also interested in knowing your filteration setup ,well heck why not just give a run down of your whoe system.

myzislow

Wow, it's been awhile. Tank is still up and running. No room these days for new stuff, I'm just sitting back and watching thing grow. Here is some updated shots.

B

brue102

love the tank,andeverything about your setup gives me something to look forward to. Keep up the good work and keep us posted

bamacj5

Nice tank,i would like to know what kind of filtration you are running, and on your profile you list that you have a emporer modified hob fuge what do you mean by this, again very nice tank and i hope someday my 29 will look like this

kraylen

Man your tank sucked back in the day hahahaha.
All those ricordea are gone, and replaced by a bunch of SICK LE chalice.
That sunset monti is like 16x16inches now. hahahah
damn... blast from the past.

fretfreak13

Remember I PMed you a long time ago if I could copy your tank? lol Yours and Demartini's have always been my absolute favorites. My 29 still looks nothing like that. lol