my 300 gallon mixed reef recreation diary

superhero

Floor looks Awesome! And sorry about the ick outbreak! I would be very mad if I lost all of those fish, but everything else is coming along very nicely.

bullitr

its not my week on my bday i hurt my back bad and earlier today my very good friend died of cancer second very good friend that died of cancer this year. now glass tank and me are not getting along. i just crack my frag tank and 2 more glass tank this week and 20 gallon and 10 gallon tank. now i have to change my upgrade to acrylic.

bullitr

i need to put a hole on a stucco for exhaust vent to get ready for the summer heat. any suggestion?

bullitr

current fish list
flame hawkfish
red pixy hawkfish
niger trigger
yellow bellow blue tang
blue tang
pair of purple tang
orange shoulder tang
powder brown tang
yellow tang
sailfin tang
lemonpeel angel
flame angel
lunare wrasse
sixline wrasse
cleaner wrasse
lawnmover blenny
pair of ocellaris clown
3 b/g chromis
4 firefish
and a evil 4 stripe damsel
bottom
spotted grouper
pair of yellowfin damsel
blue fin damsel
at least the fish i can see every time i look at the tank

bullitr

solar eclipse and PPE

reversed superman

purple,green ,tan with blue polyps and orange/red cap tubs birdnest and digitata

coco worm

purpleish blue tang

bullitr

add a good size meteor shower and a crocea clams but not doing well air get into the clams for a long time during transport!

desertdawg

Hope your back gets to feeling better, mine has been touchy for almost 2 weeks now, sucks because it really limits what you can get done everyday!
Why the lower wattage lights? Any plans for the 400 watts ones?

bullitr

Originally Posted by Desertdawg
http:///forum/post/3226195
Hope your back gets to feeling better, mine has been touchy for almost 2 weeks now, sucks because it really limits what you can get done everyday!
Why the lower wattage lights? Any plans for the 400 watts ones?
none
i want to save some electricity my friend run 3 175watts on his sps tank with no issues so with 250 watts with a great ballast and good reflector it should be ok.
ps i only have 1 400 watts now 3 of them are 250 watts

desertdawg

I'm stuck with CF's for now, I want to upgrade but don't want to spend the big bucks and I wanted to avoid the heat. I'm trying to wait for LED's to get cheaper!